The stock would have to be sold at 53.63 to break even......200 million shares will go for 27.32. Christmas comes early to the UAW and the execs.
jatpack3 jatpack3 36-40, M 11 Answers Dec 19, 2012 in Unemployment

Tis how this government works. Waste taxpayer money as fast as possible.

Best Answer

i think the saving og GM by the Obama administration was just sheer economic brilliance. Imagine what would have happened if GM was allowed to fail. The buy back of the shares can never be perfect. The bottom line is JOBS WERE SAVED isnt it what people want??? some people tend to criticize when they are not properly informed.

Best Answer

At least with AIG the fed made money. That is a lot of money to keep a company going artificially do to bad business practices. It was good that jobs were saved but will this happen again?

Best Answer

you have to release that the current global recession is as bad as the great depression in the 30's. AIG and the Fed had to fund the bail out of GM of course they have to make money from it. You can t eat your cake and have it my friend. There will always be a trade off to counter balance the saving of much needed jobs. I can just imagine GM failing and Obama being blamed for that as well....you just have to give credit where it is due.

Best Answer

Oh boy...now the government can overpay on the shares the next time GM needs to be bailed out and sell them at a loss again!!!

Best Answer

That's ludicrous

Best Answer

You expected the government..in particular the current administration, to do anything less?

Best Answer

That just proves that the government doesn't know how to run and shouldn't be involved in business. Those in charge can't even run the government efficiently.

Best Answer

why do people keep making it out to be about who's "administration" it is? Don't people understand that the wealthy entities don't care if it is Demos or Republicans? I get really tired of hearing people put down Obama and his people as if they are the ones who "did it all" and it just makes them look simple-minded.

Best Answer

Are you replying to this question or the responses? I did not mention anything about partisan politics. This is about the federal reserve selling it's controlling share in a car makers company.

Best Answer

I was replying to the responses.

Best Answer

Yes, now you can buy some cheap General Motors shares

Best Answer

GM is buying back the shares

Best Answer