Just like 'United' in United states of America. lol.

Best Answer

Well awesome would have been pushing it a bit too much.

Best Answer

No, I think it's a fair assessment.

Best Answer

No its an OxyMoron

Best Answer

You confuse the union of the 3 nations of Britain becoming 'great' with the the definition of great being wonderful or powerful.

Best Answer

They took over North American and Australia. Know of any other nation great enough to wipe out two continents?

Best Answer

I have reviewed those places. Africa stood against the tide as did Asia. India actually survived British attack as did most of Africa, South Africa being the noteworthy exception. North Americans are now called Indians and a small minority in their own land while Australians are now called Aborigines . Asians and Africans all hold majority populations and keep their native identity apart from South Africa. This is why I don't agree with you diddlydooha and daviesgirl.

Best Answer

Didn't it mean "expansive empire" or something like that back when the name came to be o.o?<br />
I know what you mean though, and from what I have heard it is a misnomer.

Best Answer

Britain is great.

Best Answer