dolly99 dolly99 41-45, F 18 Answers May 16, 2012

I think that truth should always be tempered with tact and compassion. There's a way to tell someone the truth without saying it in a hurtful fashion. It also depends upon what the truth is, and whether or not it *needs* to be said. If saying it only causes hurt, and there's no benefit to the person, then ask yourself "why?" before you tell them. If they need to know, and it is ultimately of benefit to them, if you must tell them, try to be as kind as possible, and be there for them afterwards, if you can.

Best Answer

My mother always told me, that as long as you say what you need to say politely, no harm done. With each experience that you have to decide if you are going to tell the truth, the whole truth, or a little, it varies for the situation. Sometimes people may not want to hear the truth, but if they need to hear it, it is worth telling.

Best Answer

I don't believe the truth should always be told if it accomplishes nothing and it will just hurt the person. For example: let's say that a guy decrares his love for me and I'm thinking "I'm not physically attracted to you......no way I could ever kiss you.....you really bore me.........." you get the point.........why tell him the truth? I'll lie and say "you're so sweet, but I only see you as a friend".......this way he knows I'm not interested, but he won't feel so bad. Of course, I don't know the context of your question.

Best Answer

It's always wisest to tell the truth. Sometimes it's better not to say anything. There's no need to lie.

Best Answer

Yes. Truth is always the best.

But must it be told anywhere and everywhere, to anyone on any occasion?

Best Answer

I so agree with you!

Best Answer

Is the most painful truth better then a pleasent lie? That is a tough one it just depends on which side your on, the truth can set you free but can also condem you

Best Answer

No No NO... sometimes..but why tell the truth just to make yourself feel better when it would only hurt someone if they knew. Just for your own conscience? That is when no.

Best Answer

It takes great naivete to believe that the truth is always the appropriate option. The truth is the ideal, but reality often requires well placed lies.

Best Answer

you guys are so wise

Best Answer

Absolutely. That way you never have any doubts about repeating what you said as liars do. They get so tangled up they give themselves away. They look up with theit eyes when you ask them something, searching for an answer you see. Easy to spot.

Best Answer

the truth can be very harsh and knowing when to bite ones tongue can be definitely helpful

Best Answer

yes but it depends on who going to be hurt by it. Sometime saying nothing is better. You are not lieing just not saying anything at all.

Best Answer

yeah

Best Answer

Sure, I'll find it out eventually anyway.

Best Answer

Absolutely

Best Answer

i agree how are you doing

Best Answer

Gud! You?

Best Answer