sorry, new to this. I set up his account to call but he still hasent called me. is there any reason why he would not be able to if this is his 3rd day in prison? im totally new to this stuff and i was not sure if in general inmates can only call on certain days or what. and every time i call the jail i get someone who just cant be bothered to help me.
bunnyblaze85 bunnyblaze85 26-30, F 11 Answers Apr 17, 2012

My heart goes out to you, your children and your husband. Some people are so judgemental and condescending. (Looks at strangeangels)

I can't speak from experience but I think I'd probably agree you probably will have to wait for his call. You are right they don't care about you and they don't want to be bothered. Unfortunately prison system is more about punishment than it is rehabilitation. It's a shamethat the country that is supposed to be the beacon of freedom for the world to see, that we put more people in prison than any other country in the world. Once in the system felons loose their civil rights so that the very people who might change the system are locked out. They pay taxes but have no voice. Somehow I just don't see the fairness.

I wish you well I know you are hurting and you probably feel hopeless but try to look at what is good in your life. Love, your children and good health. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Best Answer

You set him up??? Is that what you are saying?

Best Answer

he might be depressed. try writing him very often, very very often.

Best Answer

he will have to go through like a orentiantion and get placed and learn the dos and donts the first weeks and could be months depending on the time before he gets settled and how the system runs

Best Answer

you set up........(listening for rest of sentence).....

Best Answer

she probably ran out of characters for the question and didnt realize it

Best Answer

Yes I was just wondering what the rest of her sentence was hopefully she will post it later

Best Answer

sorry, new to this. I set up his account to call but he still hasent called me. is there any reason why he would not be able to if this is his 3rd day in prison?

Best Answer

Each prison has their own rules about phone calls etc. If you contact the family advocate if they have one they can give you all that kind of info which will be helpful for you to know

Best Answer

thanks for the info, ill look into that. i hope he didnt think i meant to miss his call! i can only imagine what hes going thru, i would be so scared.

Best Answer

soon you will be able to contact him regularly / what state is he in / i would start to practice your letter writing he will have a lot of time on his hands / letters will keep him focused / may i ask how long he will be in for

Best Answer

He is in Rhode Island and its not offical yet but his lawyer says he is looking at most likely 3 years.

Best Answer

i am sorry to hear about this i did 4 years myself, studied, went to college, learned a musical instrument, got my body in super shape , it was long but my mom was there for me

Best Answer

Was you trying to miss his call?

Best Answer

not trying but i did. it took me awhile to figure out how to accept his calls.

Best Answer

Oh okay I understand, maybe you get another call from him I do hope so, Good Luck.

Best Answer