I'm listening to jewelry shopping channel and I hear them say "great for the holiday party comming up" I'm thinking what holiday? Then they go on to talk about sending holiday cards, I'm like WTF is a holiday card? 50 years it's been a Christmas party and Christmas cards.
Frazzill Frazzill 46-50, F 12 Answers Nov 26, 2012 in Politics

I'm offended that I have to share December with a holiday devoted to rampant consumerism. I'm offended at the excess and conspicuous consumption. I am not Christian but If I were I would be deeply offended by the distortion of Jesus's message of helping your fellow man into max your credit card and buy your self stuff. I have an idea for all the offended Marry Christmas people; Take the money that you were going to spend on junk made in china and help the poor or homeless or do something that Jesus might have done. Go to your 2000 person mega church and ask the pastor to convert the place to housing for the homeless. Your actions make you good it is not enough to pray and chat with god. Your @$$ has to do some good works from time to time.

Best Answer

* Signal the wacky left- wing atheist agenda siren *

Best Answer

grow up everyone does not do christmas

Best Answer

duh, it's not about "doing" Christmas.

Best Answer

no its about political correctness which is correct

Best Answer

not everyone celebrates the same holidays.........get over it

Best Answer

you're missing the POINT

Best Answer

It is a holiday. Christmas is a Christian holiday taken from the pagans. And more than just your selfish bunch celebrate a holiday at the same time. Get over your self! Grow the **** up you self absorbed Puritan.

Best Answer

the date was taken from the pagans not the Holiday and i dont think thats the best way to get a point across.

Best Answer

You're right it's not but hey i am severely annoyed with people like that.

Best Answer

don't assume- it's not I have a problem with others religions, I have a problem when it means they are trying to take mine away. What's wrong with saying them- that's what they used to do, they listed the ones being celebrated. Puritan is not a word that describes me even remotely- there are those of us who DO believe in GOD the Christian one, and also believe in reincarnation, ESP, UFOs etc. you need to quit stereotyping.

Best Answer

And you need to allow others to have their holiday. Christmas is a holiday after all. So is Easter.

Best Answer

listen im a pretty big God fearing Gun toting Republican Redneck when it comes to most things but i even find this a little silly.

Best Answer

Im not being silly. I'm being serious. But good for you for being who you are.

Best Answer

Well said, Axis.

Best Answer

no im talking to the other person lol

Best Answer

Oh. Sorry.

Best Answer

Merry Christmas!!! And I mean it!

Best Answer

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Best Answer

people are killed in some countries for celebrating Christmas. i think we can live with being politicaly correct ( even if i dont agree with it )

Best Answer

well we are doing so as NOT to offend people- But I"M offended. We shouldn't stop being who we ARE because others might be offended. If THEY don't like it they don't have to give Christmas presents or send Christmas cards!

Best Answer

well its not like the word Christmas has been stricken from all things. you can call it whatever you like.and its called (holidays ) because you know theres more than 1 religious holiday during the winter right? its called happy holidays to be all inclusive. Christmas is just one of those many holidays so really there not offending anybody. no offense but its a little ignorant to assume Happy Holidays was a reference to Christmas

Best Answer

no it's not when it's been that way for 50 YEARS! it wasn't called holiday. They always said, christmas, hanuka, & kwaanza. They reffered to the ones celebrated near dec 25th. I have no problem with reconizing others holidays, but not if it means you are taking mine away!

Best Answer

thats because 50 years ago companies figured out you could save money by marketing every holiday in one big cluster than individually. and last i checked no ones taking away Christmas you just dont see it on billboards or hear it on the radio. you want it to be all about YOU and YOUR holiday. and actually as a christian i wouldn't even want Christmas to be associated with the corporate mess its become. unless its something religious you should actually be appalled to see a Merry CHRISTmas anywhere

Best Answer

move to iran

Best Answer

do they call it CHRISTMAS over there?

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

no prob- i'm good that way :)

Best Answer

Happy Moosemas! :-D

Best Answer