Since when did an absence of evidence become a reason to believe?
Ketsan Ketsan 31-35, M 23 Answers Jan 11, 2011

It is not a matter of disproving your claim. It is a matter of you proving it. You are the one making the claim.

Best Answer

Sounds like you've stumbled on the traditional origin of any religion -- go for it.

Best Answer

consider this<br />
God doesn't exist seperate from his creations<br />
so in actuality you are God<br />
and so am I<br />
and so is everyone<br />
and so are all the trees<br />
and all the birds in the sky<br />
and all the fish in the sea<br />
and all of it<br />
it's all god

Best Answer

I had to log in to view your question.......a real God would have allowed me to view the question without logging in....

Best Answer

I don't allow you to do many things and I have not allowed you to view the question except by logging in because I have this new idea: only people on EP will be saved.

Best Answer

I'm a god ....and I bow down to you ....as a god

Best Answer

Hail divine one

Best Answer

You're as valid a god as any other. actually you're a real person so you've got a leg up on most of the other religions.

Best Answer

Oddly enough.............

Best Answer

If you break it down we are god it is proven, the only way to know this is in deep meditation. science has prooven there is a part of our brain which operates on a beyond words circut and this is where we as gods reside controling our very reality. Just as all other religions this is beyond words and it is naieve of anyone to say it isnt true and to go home to their own religion because you have just made the playing field unleveled. What gives a single human the right to deny the possible existence of infinite beliefs and still expect to have the right to practice their own in peace? Sounds like a setting of war already to me.... stop feeling threatoned by a claim of godhood, in reality wheather you like it or not we are all god within and we all are peices of god.... even your bible says god created man in his image???? What does that mean? God isnt in the flesh! He gave us a peice of his conciousness..... where does conciousness come from? Thin air, no... if you say it does then the soul is more worthless than god makes it out to be... why must we save a soul which is made from thin air? I believe we are god for this reason... religion is very divisive I suggest everyone throw it away it is a seed of war....

Best Answer

I believe that you think you're God. But I've heard many claims of godhood before. And since when is an absence of evidence a reason NOT to believe? Isn't that what so many scientific theories are ba<x>sed on? An absence of evidence filled by man's best guess? That's why they're theories and not laws, isn't it?<br />
***Update***<br />
Theories are made up of laws (proven facts) and assumptions (man's best guess). Steven Hawking himself calls theories "unprovable but falsifiable." We can mathematically prove gravity, so it is a law. Evolution is a theory, ba<x>sed on known facts and....wait for it....man's best guesses. Every few years, something big is discovered which changes what we know about evolution. Funny how the unexplainable abnormalities are ignored while only the discoveries that fit are included. (and yes...I know, you're all set to jump on me for not whole-heartedly believing everything I've been told about evolution, since it's scientific and not religious, but I've never said evolution is wrong. I know everything around me has evolved and is still evolving.)

Best Answer

You are going to die sometime like the rest of us.

Best Answer

Jesus died and then went to heaven. That someone can die is clearly not evidence of not being divine. In fact if you're a theist then death doesn't actually exist you just go somewhere else.

Best Answer

Lots of gods die... it's common in egyptian, norse, japanese and other cultures' myths to have gods dying.

Best Answer

I think you are giving a great try but I have to think the cat in the dumpster has a better story of why she should be God.

Best Answer

Your user profile page tells the entire story with the 8 groups you belong to and the three goals you have posted , It was a nice try however !

Best Answer

What? God can't have goals and join groups?

Best Answer

i'm satan, long time no see, old friend

Best Answer

Of course you are! Why would anyone think differently? I don't get what the argument is all about. ;)

Best Answer

Well, let's give it a few decades. If you die, then I guess you're not God.

Best Answer

Ah but even if I die how do you know I haven't just gone to heaven like that Jesus guy?

Best Answer

You heard of Slowhand ?

Best Answer

heal me lord Ketsan and i will serve you forever

Best Answer

Want some great reasoning?<br />
"Maybe". <br />
Doesn't that just fück your little yes/no, believe/disbelieve, on/off, black/white world up? I don't need to believe or disbelieve. Of course, it would help your case immensely to define exactly "what" god you are (christian, hindu, specific pantheon diety, etc). Maybe you can just invent your own theology and become god. But before you do, you may want to ask yourself whether you wish to be an Intelligent God, or just the type of dogmatic god that people like Christians believe in. If you want to be the first, you'll understand that all forms of belief and disbelief are a type of brain death. <br />
But something tells me you're much more like the second.

Best Answer

Hmm, reasoning with no goal. Interesting.

Best Answer

The absence of evidence shouldn't be reason to believe, it's something the scientific community is guilty of... However, if I (accidentally) push you off a canoe in the amazons, it may hurt.

Best Answer

Never been hurt by falling into water.

Best Answer

you make mistakes like all of us. God doesn't make mistakes. we all sin. God is sinless. God's Kingdom is not on earth.

Best Answer

I have made no mistakes.

Best Answer