jungleGorgine jungleGorgine 16-17 9 Answers May 28, 2012

True, but only YOU are responsible for YOUR actions in life - no good saying "it's his/her fault".

Best Answer

Ultimately in life YOU are the one responsible for your choices in life. As a child you are guided and can't be completely responsible for what happens because you are not an adult and can't make decisions for yourself but ultimately when you can make your own decisions you have the power to become who you want to be despite what you have been or the life you have been exposed to. So if you are using the excuse that the only thing you have ever known is drug or alcohol use then that is just an excuse. You have the power to become anything you want to be. You just have to take control of your life and go to school if that is what you want to do or make new and different friends if you want to get away from your current lifestyle. When you become an adult you are responsible for you. No more blaming your friends or someone who influenced you to do the wrong thing. So you have the power to become whatever you want to become whether it be good or bad and don't let anyone tell you any different. You have to take control though because if you don't then you will keep doing whatever you have been doing and it seems like you are looking for excuses to keep on your current path.

Best Answer

I agree, I've been influenced all my life by people around me, those people I didn't necessarily choose to be around me but never the less they did and still do influence me as a person whether it be what I do what I chose to do or how I behave to their behaviour, if that makes sense. Many people suggest we are in charge of our own destiny and I agree with that to a certain extent but those little voices from those that influence us who sit on our shoulders reminding us of our failings can also have a detrimental effect on how we turn out....I'm a prime example...

Best Answer

Perhaps as children, we are not solely responsible for our lives since most times we are not able or allowed to make our major life choices - but once you move out into the world on your own, you are responsible in many ways. Others may give you bumps and forks in the road to deal with, but it is you yourself who will decide which way to go.

Best Answer

It is true that you are responsible for your life story. The paths we take in life are ba<x>sed off our reactions to people and situations we face in life. People can come from the worst and end up ok. Others can come from the best and not be so ok.

Best Answer

But you are responsible in how you react to what happens.

Best Answer

Outside influences, can only sway you, ultimately everything you do, or have, or don't have in your life is as a direct result of your own actions. We are the creators of our own worlds.

Best Answer

what about first years when you depend on your family?

Best Answer

There are always things in life you have no control over. In your first few years, you are a sponge absorbing everything that comes your way. I will use my own experience as an example of what I'm talking about here. My parents are religious fanatics, starting from about the time I was five years old. At about the age when I started kindergarten I had already formulated some of my own opinions, and beliefs, perhaps I was very self-aware at a young age, in comparison to some others. I constantly questioned my parents, and butted heads with them even at this young age. Even though they pushed their religion down my throat for sixteen years, (a brain washing technique), I followed my own path. I may be considered an atheist by some, which is not completely true but the point is, I ended up on the total opposite end of the spectrum compared to those people who tried to influence me otherwise. I have three other brothers, all of whom sadly followed what my parents had taught them, but that was there conscience choice.

Best Answer

respect..
i hope i succeed after i won't be "theirs" anymore

Best Answer

When I was seventeen I saved up enough for a plane ticket, and with five hundred bucks in my pocket I left the east coast for the west coast. I've never been back. And I created my own success.... well still working on it, but well on my way.

Best Answer

i also began with job so in the end i get first pavement.. don't want to depend on them
btw. thx for the answers

Best Answer

Definitely

Best Answer