puck61 puck61 51-55, M 16 Answers Feb 22, 2012

Yes - should have tried that before bombing them

Best Answer

I am beginning to think so myself. We were justified in going. We were justified in tracking down the al-Qaeda bastards and exterminating them for the vermin they are. Taliban deserved what they got as well. The question is whether we have any hope at all of leaving a stable Afganistan behind, even if we intensified our efforts. Karzai is certainly not the answer. These are a tribal people who have been beating off foriegn occupiers for centuries. I don't know as any amount of effort is ever going to transform this country to a viable Democracy. The values these people have are not in line with the Western world. Maybe it is time to pull the plug.

Best Answer

Agreed 1000%. This accidental Koran burning is the last straw. These people value their oppression like we value our freedom.

Best Answer

Maybe be getting the **** out of their country

Best Answer

lol.

Best Answer

That's what I said when I read that we still think that's a viable objective.

Best Answer

It was always ridiculous.

Best Answer

The taliban got what they deserved no question about it. I think it is up to the other arab nations to help them. They dispise the west regardless of what we try to do. The culture is just too different.

Best Answer

Our competitors in the region certainly don't think it's too late. If we leave the area to the taliban, radical Iranians, and other radical factions, we will probably be worse off in a generation.

Also, it deserves note that if we want to make the jump from Oil to electric, we need to understand that a lot of the minerals needed to make those components on a mass scale are found in Afghanistan in quantities not found elsewhere. If we were interested in Iraq for oil, we should be interested in a politically stable Afghanistan for our future energy needs.

Best Answer

Just leave them alone and let them carry on growing some of best the hash on the market !! Nothing to do with terrorism, just the good old UN trying to stop the UNTAXABLE opium trade !!!

Best Answer

I dunno. I have a few mates in the army and they often say that the locals often tell them if the Taleban are in the area and how many they are, where they're setting up ambushes etc. The problem in Afghanistan isn't so much the Taleban; it's the ISI that supports, trains and equips them. Without the ISI the Taleban would be annhilated in a year like they were in the first year of the war.

If we want to win in Afghanistan all we have to do is assasinate a couple of dozen high ranking Pakistani intelligence officers, preferably in their beds, and we have to realise that we're fighting a proxy war with Pakistan and act accordingly. Take out the root (ISI) and the weed (Taleban) will die.

Best Answer

Ungrateful buggers.

Best Answer

Very touchy about things I would say!

Best Answer