I've been lifting weights, doing a lot of abdominal exercises, doing dips and pull ups, and running everyday for at least an hour most of the time an hour and a half. If I stop with the exercise, will my period come back? Do I need to see a doctor? Is there anything else I should know? I'm sorta embaressed to ask my parents, so any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you! All the answers were super helpful! Thank you everyone!!!!
GirlyGirl1702 GirlyGirl1702 22-25, F 5 Answers Mar 12, 2012

Yes that is normal for some.

Best Answer

Do you know if that will affect me having kids when I'm older?

Best Answer

Never heard of it affecting havin kids. You can talk to your doctor though just to be sure it is normal for you. It shouldn't affect it but I am not a doctor. I know girls that start swimming before their first period will sometimes not have their first period until they are like 18 because it's an excessive amount of exercise. Again though, jut to be sure, talk to your doctor. It's always good to keep them in the loop anyway

Best Answer

Ok. I told my mom. I have an annual appointment anyway in April, so I'll tell the doctor then.

Best Answer

As long as you are not at an unhealthy (underweight) then I would not be as concerned. I have a friend who works out everyday and she has the same issue.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

That happened to me also. It is because your body fat has dropped below the normal level for girls. There isn't anything a doctor will do about it. Many female athletes are lean to the point that their period stops. If you stop exercising and your body fat percentage goes up your period will return. My doctor told me this, just because you don't have a period doesn't mean your aren't ovulating, so still use birth control, you could still get pregnant.

Best Answer

Thank you so much! I was getting worried and now I feel wayyyyy better!

Best Answer

Don't worry, it's all good!

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Periods can be unreliable at the best of times but maybe exercising is changing the body's rhythm and that's why (apart from pregnancy, fatigue and/or illness) your periods have stopped.

Best Answer