Could headaches be caused by stress and if so any cures?
MrsLaing MrsLaing 18-21, F 9 Answers Oct 27, 2008

the reason is probably lack of sleep clear ur head of all stressful things u only get 1 life so live it and i was getting headaches too i was also stressed i just cleared my head of everthing and got more sleep i use to stay awake till about 4:00 in the morning now i go asleep from 10:00 to 10:00 in the morning

Best Answer

Yes, frequently headaches are caused by stress. Science has discovered the cure for this is to eliminate stress from your life.

Best Answer

Whenever I've talked to a doctor about headaches, they've always told me to drink more water. You can also try cutting different foods from your diet, to test for food sensitivity. On the other hand, if you have reason to suspect stress, I recommend liquor.

Best Answer

hmmm stress.... that may be what you think but what is it actually doing to create the headache?<br />
in my case it was high blood pressure which i ignored until a blood vessal burst through my retina and i went blind in one eye. (it did recover up to about 80% but so far has taken this whole year)<br />
if it is blood pressure, which i would bet on, don't mess around with it, go to the doc and have it checked out

Best Answer

Stress can certainly cause headaches, as well as lack of sleep!!! Emotions rule in my world when the headaches come around. I'm sure missing your husband wears on you. If they occur later in the day it could be simply dehydration. Be sure to drink enough water. Lethargy and sluggishness can exacerbate them, too. Bring on the activity like yoga or walks outside. Do you have allergies or sinus problems? Headaches are sometimes symptoms of these also even if you're not sneezing and such. Good luck. Headaches suck!

Best Answer

Have you had your vision tested lately? My daughter's migraines were caused by faulty vision.

Best Answer

Could be stress. Cure? Deal with or get rid of the stress.<br />
They could also be caused by allergies.

Best Answer

It's certainly possible headaches could be caused by stress. In the short term you could take paracetamol but if you keep getting them you should really see a doctor.

Best Answer

No cures for a headache that I know of; that is the not-so-good news. The better news is that they are fairly easy to get rid of: try Advil or Excedrin tension headache (the two kinds of medicine that I take when I get one), and down some caffeine (doesn't have to be a lot) because that stimulates the ibuprofen better. Also make sure you're getting enough rest; lack of quality sleep can bring a lot of pain to the head. Good luck!

Best Answer