Canttakeitnomore Canttakeitnomore 13-15, F 10 Answers Oct 18, 2012 in Parenting & Family

1-800-273-8255

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Best Answer

I started having severe anxiety issues when I was ten so I will spare you the cracks about your age and alleged privilege of living in a first world country. I was never suicidal, just the opposite I was so terrified of death I'd think I was dying right there. Life got really bad for me, so bad I'm in my forties and still working on it. From what I've learned, suicidal ideation always has a root cause, a trigger that you need to reprocess. For me I was molested so I'm doing a therapy that helps me reprocess my reactions to the memories. It's all about tricking your brain and I think it really works. If you have something traumatic in your past you could have PTSD. There are so many other labels, like panic disorder, bipolar disorder... the symptom of suicidal ideation goes under many disorders. It takes work sometimes to get to the root. They have meds that help too.

Best Answer

Define nothing. Have you actually told your parents, a guidance counselor, or a medical practitioner.

Best Answer

You know what you need to do? You need to stop whining that things don't go your way and look at some people that are way worse off than you. You think you got it so rough click the link and then sit there and look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have the right to complain. You don't know how good you have it walking thru life barefoot until you lose your feet.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/771022/thumbs/o-LIZZIE-VELASQUEZ-570.jpg?4

Best Answer

Lizzie Velasquez would absolutely disagree with the way you're speaking to this young girl. Lizzie is an amazing woman who has dedicated her life to helping young girls have better self-esteem. She'd be the last to tell a suicidal person to quit whining.

Best Answer

Just dont do it. Keep hanging in there. I was too until i had a moment so perfect I was thankful i lived to see it. Someday you will have that moment too. One moment where everything is so good it makes youre entire ****** past seem like nothing. Just hang in there for that moment, its coming and will be here before you know it

Best Answer

I know this sounds corny but have you tried art? Could be just about anything... music (and yes music is an art form), photography, painting, sculpting, whatever... many people find a real release of negative feelings by translating them into art. Also any time you feel that 'down' about your life you need to call the hotline Dizzy listed. Seriously. There is nothing so bad in life at your age that is worth giving up for the good things you've got coming.

Best Answer

Talk to your caregivers, parents, responsible adults around you and ask them to seek help for you. Don´t be shy about it, don´t feel ashamed. You wouldn´t if you had diabetes, would you ? I didn´t think so, so go look for help, you are too young to go thru this misery and the right treatment can give you a different outlook on life.

Best wishes,

UC

Best Answer

What's so horrible about your life that you think you're better off dead?

Best Answer

It started when I was 6

Best Answer

What started?

Best Answer

You should either get counselling, or visit a third world country where people have greater problems (or watch lots of documentaries on that kind of thing)- that's what I'm doing and it's helping!

Best Answer

Why would I want to watch people with worse life's Id make me feel stupid for being sad

Best Answer

It helps you to watch other people suffer? Bizarre.

Best Answer

I think that is the point. To show you that your life really isn't that bad.

Best Answer

Only Indie42 gets it. Sometimes it helps when you feel more grateful for what you do have.

Best Answer

But it IS that bad for a person who is suicidal. Looking at people in third world countries would never do anything positive for someone who is suicidal. If anything it makes one feel worse because of the extreme empathy so many suicidal people feel. It's a perfect example of how life IS bad! They aren't crying because mommy got them the wrong cell phone, they have real issues, quite often post traumatic stress disorder.

Best Answer