and I'm in a LOT of pain. I've tried theraflu, cloraseptic spray(which BURNED!!!!), tylenol, aspirin, etc....nothing is helping. Do you have any suggestioins? I wish I knew how to make the swelling go down!
cherryxblossom cherryxblossom 26-30, F 9 Answers Sep 16, 2011

If you are determined not to see a physician, and you know how to gargle, and it is legal to buy mercurochrome in your state, buy a small bottle of mercurochrome, put a 1/4 teaspoon of mercurochrome in 3 oz. of water, try to gargle for 45 seconds to 1 minute, SPIT out as much as you can. Beware, it stain your lips red and your gums. Therefore use it late at night before you go to bed, do this at least three days. You should notice an improvement within about 12-16 hours. This treatment for strep was successfully used for over 100 years in America.<br />
Becareful not to OD on tyleno, best to take tyleno no more than ever four hours, aspirin no more often than four hours, and not to take them at the same time, for example take tyleno, wait two hours take aspirin, this way you are getting more pain relief without harming your liver.

Best Answer

i feel u, i have one of the strongest immune systems there is, and i haven't been sick in over 13 yrs. i woke up Monday with a sore throat, im an medical assistant, there isn't anything on the shelf that will help with this , you need to go to the doctor so they can prescribe you an antibiotic, trust me on this, go to the doctor

Best Answer

try gargling with vinegar and warm water, rub utter with alcohol....

Best Answer

Have you tried visiting the doctor?

Best Answer

an old remedy that works is hot water with lemon. nothing else. tastes horrible. lemon water not hot works for me to prevent sore throat but hot is thought to be good for sore

Best Answer