I've started doing intervals. Like one min. of heavy cardio..then so many reps of squats(or whatever) with weights...etc..etc...would this make me gain weight yet stay slim?
Wurkoutgurl Wurkoutgurl 36-40, F 9 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Health

two things: 1. muscle is heavier than fat and 2. you may have reached a temporary plateau.

Best Answer

Well, I'm still fitting into my clothes normally. Even the skinny jeans =) I'm gonna go with me having more muscles!! Woot!

Best Answer

Not only will the development of muscle make one weigh more without necessarily gaining size, muscle burns more calories than fat! So you are ahead in the long run by approaching things this way.

Best Answer

Thanks! Yay! I know this new routine is tough..but I love it! =)

Best Answer

Muscle is heavier than fat, maybe you're just developing more muscles? If that is the case high five! Good on ya.

Best Answer

Yay! Woot!

Best Answer

YES! ...and congratulations on your accomplishments :) <br />
Muscle weighs MORE than fat...<br />
It's possible to gain lean muscle mass that (by the scales ) indicates you weigh MORE, yet you've LOST the bulky FAT by conversion to lean muscle...and still fit into your wardrobe.<br />
Rex, U.S. Army Ranger physical training instructor... (retired)

Best Answer

I am impressed....just by that last line! Woot! ;-)
And thank you...I'm working hard that is for sure!

Best Answer

All I read was blah, blah, blah, nah, nah, nah, wikka, wikka, wah, DAMN I'M SEXY AND HOT AS HELL!!!! ;) ... I couldn't agree more.

Best Answer

hahaha! You so silly! I hope you feel that way Friday. You may be like OMG....go away fatty!

Best Answer

I will do plenty of "feeling" on Friday ;) ;) ...

Best Answer

hahaha can't wait! Woot! ;-)

Best Answer

Yes, but I personally find that it's harder for me to go back to that good routine. I actually have to get a trainer to pretty much drill sarge me

Best Answer

I'm too poor for that. For now, I gotta motivate myself.

Best Answer

LOL. Sorry. Go Workoutgurl, you can do it!

Best Answer

Of course we'd all like a personal trainer, but you don't need one if you have enough motivation...wish I did! lol

Best Answer

LMAO

Best Answer

you toning up thats great!! getting stronger that is good musle weight. bet you looking good in them cloths good for you. it s good to change up work outs your muscles have memory . i was allways taught to change every 3 months even if someting small

Best Answer

Thanks =)

Best Answer