i had an arguement with my boyfriend about my feelings cause i've been quite depressed lately, but he just said that we need time to think about it but i have exams coming up and all i can think about is the arguement and how i've messed it up and its makin me more depressed.
zoequirk zoequirk 18-21, F 13 Answers Jun 11, 2012

First off I am sorry that you are in pain emotionally. I hesitated to even answer this question because there is no simple answer, I don't even know if there is an answer so to speak. However, I felt compelled to write and share what I do when I have overwhelming emotions. Depression is so hard, those who have never experienced it will write something like go and do something that you like to do to get your mind of things, they come from a good place most of these people, however they fail to realize that depression is paralyzing. It is extreme emotions of impending doom, fear of the unknown, sadness, hopelessness and most of all when in this state we don't get the level of enjoyment from doing something that we usually like to do, so even if doing one of our hobbies that we enjoy doing, sure we will be ok somewhat, but it doesn't take anything away. I really feel for your situation. Ideally I would say talk and be with your boyfriend a person whom cares for you and will be there for you however it doesn't sound like that is an option. The only thing that for me I have found works is to find a person who I trust and who knows what I am going through and talk to them and get things out, try and get some different views on what is going on to try and help me see that this to shall pass. Like I said, nothing will just take it away, it can be a hard slog to get out of the emotions you are feeling, however I promise you they will pass, so it is just a matter of trying to minimize the harm that we do to ourselves during the process. So I hope you have someone to talk to who accepts you for you and for where you are at, someone who can show you love and love you at a time when perhaps you don't love yourself. I know you don't know me and I can not replace those who are near and dear to you, but I will put out there that I am here if you need to talk, I don't have any magic answers, however I will listen, identify with you where I can, and if possible anything that is relevant that has helped me in the past to cope just a little better. Do your best to hang there, and please take care.

Best Answer

Take a hot bath :}. Read. So a messy project. Sing to extremely loud music

Best Answer

You can change your internal dialogue and don't continue to let your brain trip you up...at times we are our own worst enemies.in order to receive good feedback from yourself you have to internally believe what your saying to yourself to be true...if you believe all negative things about yourself then you will project that externally to others ..so feed yourself good flood for your thoughts..Don't put a period where God put a comma..God bless!

Best Answer

I vent my frustration in immagination.

Best Answer

add some details to your question

Best Answer

give it time. this is probably not the best advice but take a sleeping tablet or anxiety medication to calm you down and have a rest.. if you dont feel like doing anything

Best Answer

cool off :D go for a walk, call a friend and talk about when just happened, do some chores around the house, take your mind of the excitement and let yourself relax and be awesome!

Best Answer

get outside jogging or so...

Best Answer

If you are deppresed or mad or sad if you already don't listen to punk or alternative music them screaming is like you screaming but without anybody telling you to shut up :) here are a few you might like secrets a skylit drive upon this dawning and my personal favorite it's not alternative but catching your clouds he helped me alot his voice just helps me through depression and I cut because of depression things besides cutting can help you like hang out with friends and just talk get your mind off the exams and your boyfriend find your escape mine was music if you like make up or reading focus on that that could be your escape I hope you don't start to self harm it's addicting and your too pretty to have scars on you just think about what would happen if you did cut ask yourself questions like do I really want to feel pain? Do I really want to get addicted? And am I smart enogh to hide them please find your escape and don't cut I wish I would of asked myself these question before I started cutting isn't the answer I wish I would have known that yesterday is when I started and after that one cut I hated myself and got adickted I already have five cuts in two days because I want to hurt myself I'm young and dumb I don't want you to be too

Best Answer