Just WHY is that people can't HAVE their cake AND eat it TOO? I mean, I don't get it... Take for instance, a person has a big birthday party? Doesn't he or she DESERVE to HAVE that cake AND eat it too? If a family of 5 are looking for their dinner at the local supermarket and are deciding on dessert, shouldn't they choose a cake if they all decide upon it they choose to do so? Or if your company is having a celebration for 20 years of dedication, shouldn't you all be enriched with the enjoyment of having that cake AND eating it too? (hehe) :-)
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 5 Answers Sep 5, 2012 in WTK

I always have my cake and eat it, I share too.

Best Answer

That SO generous of you!

Best Answer

hmmm from my understanding, the meaning of 'have' when they say, you cant have your cake and eat it as well, is having the cake as it is. You cant eat the cake unless you cut it and once you cut it, you cant have the cake as it is.<br />
Its like you cant have the coin tossed in air to fall both heads and tails. They are mutually exclusive events. It is gotta be either one of them. I guess thats what they are trying to tell us using the cake example.

Best Answer

Simply excellent!

Best Answer

Thank you! now can I cut the cake and eat it? lol :)

Best Answer

The concept is that you either have a cake, or you eat it and therefore no longer have a cake, because it has been eaten. The ex<x>pression is basically that you can't have things both ways. ;)

Best Answer

Great point!

Best Answer

I'll give you my share. I don't eat cake. At a party, I wait until everyone has their slice then I go scrape icing onto a plate. :)

Best Answer