I'm 5'2'', and right now, I weigh 127 pounds. I didn't have to starve, I just ate healthy, and I feel great. But my dad still calls me a whale all the time, and it hurts so much. Help!
LionChick LionChick 13-15, F 5 Answers May 29 in Parenting & Family

Thats horrible. I wish I could slap your dad straight in his face.

Best Answer

I may not know him, but he sounds like he's misdirecting his anger. Is he in top condition for his height and age? If not, which is most likely the case, he's not only being a hypocrite, but his showing his anger and disappointment for his own body towards you. It's a defense mechanism. And even if this isn't the case, you're at a perfect weight for your height dear. Any less, and you'd be a skeleton. So celebrate your body for what it is, not what your father or anyone else says it is.

Best Answer

Thank you! And no, my dad is on the heavy side (5'8'' and 200 pounds or so), so maybe you're right.

Best Answer

your dad Is a bully; he's not helping you, he's hindering you. he should know better than that. as much as it hurts you, try to block out his negative remarks. do what feels right for you, and ignore your father when he starts ranting about your weight.

Best Answer

For 52 you are healthy weight

Best Answer

Dude, you're hardly 15. And 127 is a tad bit fatty but you're no whale. Even if you were super skinny I think your dad would still call you a whale, he's just teasing you and plus its a habit with him. Don't take it to heart... :) you're ok

Best Answer

He's not teasing me, he's dead serious. He swears a lot, and screams.

Best Answer

wow, dont listen to this jerk...she didntt say he was kidding. how dare you call a girl fat , i would like to see how you look! 127 is not fat at all...for 5'2 , ideal weight is 110-130, over 135 is slightly overweight..im 140 , but i dont look like it at all

Best Answer