I think i'd like to work as a bartender, but all pubs/clubs/restaurants ask for "experienced bartenders". How does anyone get into it?!
poundcoin poundcoin 18-21, M 19 Answers Sep 4, 2012 in Hobbies

volunteer to get some experience. You need to do so for about 6 months. Then you should get good references. don't lie. Liars always get caught

Best Answer

go to a good bartenders school. Good luck!

Best Answer

There actually IS such a thing??? Boy, I'm learning more every day! :-O

Best Answer

seen them advertised on TV. My nephew and niece have bartending skills.

Best Answer

Do some voluntary work. Once you've got three months or so under you're belt, they will give u a good reference.

Best Answer

Show them you graduated...if your grades were good...then show a transc<x>ript. Then sell yourself: Im willing to learn all I need to be a good worker. I would appreciate the opportunity to show you that Im a good worker. Ect ect....I talked my way into a lot of jobs that way when I was your age!!!

Best Answer

It's sad but everyone ends up having to lie. Just don't "name names" or they will want to check up on you.

Best Answer

Keep knocking on doors as someone will give you a chance<br />
NEVER lie as you will be caught out

Best Answer

Confess your a virgin bartender. You'll probably be hired on the spot. Because employers are like dirty old men, 'the less you know, the more they wanna screw ya.'

Best Answer

Tell them you're good at Experience Project...lol

Best Answer

:-)) GOOD one! Hahaha!

Best Answer

Take on a menial job to start (McDonalds, Burger King, etc), just to build up a resume. 6 months is all you need. Work your *** off and do as well as you can -- have fun with it. Then you will have a reference you can proudly put onto your resume without resorting to lying, and you will also have some work experience.<br />
I started out in security for a large company and I did the best I could. I received a lot of good comments from my supervisors, which went onto my resume. This got me through college and was useful for my next job.

Best Answer

Either get your experience further down the chain. (McDonalds and the like are great training grounds and references) Or do volunteer work where you learn your team skills and working as a habit. And things are tough right now, so just persist and then persist some more.

Best Answer

Get a waiting job at a place like Chili's or Friday's....they'll train you at the bar if you prove to be a good employee....also, I waited at a golf course and ended up assisting the bartender when it got busy....and golfers tend to be generous tippers.

Best Answer

lie, then learn what you can from youtube

Best Answer