The only times I've seen this in an extreme case is when men buy mail-order brides. Usually, there's the common situation where someone who doesn't speak the native language of the country they live in has a harder time communicating with anyone - I don't think their partners chose them for that, it's just part of being married to an immigrant.

Best Answer

It is possible to learn a new language. Lack of communication with your partner surely leads to lack of understanding. It leaves you wondering what the basis of the relationship is.

Best Answer

That's what I was saying - the only times I've seen communication issues that badly is when men literally buy their wives from a different country - if you have to buy your spouse, how strong can that relationship really be? Many of these brides don't speak 2 words of the language their husbands speak. Most interracial couples I know of, the immigrant has at least basic communication skills but because they're still learning, communication can be difficult, but it's not so bad that they can't express ideas to eachother. I grew up in a military town so I saw this a lot - soldiers would bring home wives from different countries who learned English but weren't entirely fluent - my dad did this as well. I married an Indonesian man and we occasionally have problems trying to understand what the other is trying to say but it's not such a huge issue that we can't figure it out. You learn how the other interprets language and use context clues and synonyms to help each other. It's not really as much of a barrier as it appears, unless, as I've said, one partner barely speaks the language at all.

Best Answer

Hopefully they don't physically fight since they can't argue

Best Answer