James 1:2-3. . . . . Count it all joy, my brothers,[a] when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
rain777 rain777 41-45, F 6 Answers Jan 7 in Religion

It means if the reason you're being tried is for having faith in Christ then that should give you assurance that you're living as you should and Christ will reward you for doing so.

Best Answer

All trials in life require faith and standing strong; if you can get past the worst trials in your life, you will cross over the finish line victorious and cheering. You did it, you passed the test!

Best Answer

I expect for the same reason that every other person of any other religion or without religion is able to be joyful. Human, ( not just Christians) are resilient. It is how we are made, it is our nature to adapt to the reality that faces us. The scripture you quote is simply capturing this HUMAN reality. Nothing more or less.

Best Answer

This causes unnatural responses sometimes from Christians. I've seen people being "joyful" sfter their mother died.

Best Answer

BECAUSE THEY'RE SADOMASOCHISTS. YES I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS!

Best Answer