That's the Obamacare mandate.
1sabre 1sabre 56-60, M 12 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Hobbies

He is one of thousands of companies doing this. INCLUDING ME! odumbo wants to dance? Yeah we dance.

Best Answer

It makes him a selfish *****. His company can certainly afford to keep them on (he's been quoted as saying it would only cost an extra 11 to 14 cents per pizza in a price raise to cover the costs), and he's just doing this as a hissy-fit reaction to Obama being re-elected instead of having Romney cut his tax rates and repeal Obamacare.

Best Answer

Just love to hear comments from the young who have never built a thriving business from a shoestring beginning into a prosperous enterprise employing hundreds of people.
It is done for profit,obviously a dirty word to you, and not for philantrophic purposes. Only a government can tax and use those monies as a free give away.
There are thousands of small and large companies that will take whatever measures to remain in business with the impostion of this new health measure and the other onerus regulations..
John's Pizza is just one of many organizations which will find ways to stay solvent in the coming years..
Get your head out of your young and inexperinced *** and that dream world you been living in and realize what the real world is like.

Best Answer

Oh, I'm sure poor John will have such a hard time staying solvent. Profit isn't a dirty word, but it's not the only one in play. And sorry if I find healthcare more important (and cost-saving in different ways without having the burden of uninsured emergency room service passed on to the taxpayers, a much greater cost by numbers alone) than profit.

Best Answer

Just love to hear comments from the old and arrogant. Get off your high horse.
Papa John's is the "third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States", behind only Pizza Hut and Dominos. Don't even start squawking about startups; I work around them and with them all the time. All companies are built from the ground up, he's not special and neither are you. All this says is that he was already working people to the bone, close enough to 40 hours to be tired, but still barely making it and denied any health care. He's not the only one who does it but it's crooked. We aren't talking about a startup anymore, no one cares, get over it. He's not struggling so spare me the sob story. There's turning a profit and then there's being a greedy ***.

Best Answer

Yes, the real world is for people like you to reap the benefits. I guess us young "inexperienced" people have no room to reap any profitable benefits and should kiss the feet of the employers offering us 25 hours a week. Never ******* mind the fact that this all but stonewalls any other endeavor we could ever hope to go on to better ourselves. From a personal standpoint, having used to get 40 hours and now getting 25 a week, I now lose more than a quarter of my income and am in danger of losing my car, which will just ruin my credit and ruin my future job prospects because of faulty credit while I try to trudge though school to earn my degree in respiratory therapy. But hey, you guys had it so much easier when you were my age, so go ahead, judge away, this should be easy for us right? We should have nothing to complain about. I would love to see you make it through MY generation.

Best Answer

Also in danger of losing my apartment and having my family separate and not being able to pay a lot of my bills.

Best Answer

I wasn't planning on buying a Papa John's pizza anyway.

Best Answer

hey 1sabre, you forgot to post your party affiliation under your loaded question REPUBLICAN employees are gonna quit and then what will papa do with no workers ?

Best Answer

lol.. like any greedy entrepreneur (and I am not saying that in a bad way) he will cut jobs when they are no longer making him more then they cost. As this is a cost of doing business he will be able to pass it along to the consumers just as all other pizza chains will do. So I am pretty sure he wan't be cutting jobs, because it would also mean cutting revenue.

Best Answer