now an Israeli citizen and whose case was linked to that of Pollard's, are both in U.S. federal prison for spying on our country's secrets for Israel. Before these two, i had never before heard of anyone spying on our country's secrets for another country which is an ally of ours. Are there any other cases during our country's history in which our country's secrets were spied on for one of our allies? Of an ally of ours spied on for our country? Of any other country spied on for its ally?
eleanorssong eleanorssong 56-60, F 5 Answers Jul 16, 2012

Read about how Americans friendly to the USSR penetrated the top secret Los Alamos nuclear weapons research facility. Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, David Greenglas, Harry Gold, Klaus Fuchs. These people all argued in their defence that when they did what they did, the USA and USSR were military allies against Nazi Germany. American law was modified so that revealing classified material to anyone was a serious crime, regardless of whether the recipients of that information were friends or foes.<br />
Israel has begged over and over for Pollard's release, to let him serve out the rest of his sentence in Israel (if Pollard were turned over to Israel, he would be immediately freed, of course!) Israel has pleaded with every President since Bush Senior to pardon Pollard. I am happy to see Pollard die in prison.<br />
I never heard of Kadish before.

Best Answer

I never did either until i looked Pollard up on the internet to review the facts before writing this Question.

Best Answer

Tbh, in two hypothetical examples, are the only times i know of i'd choose for Pollard to be released to Israel. 1. If it was to trade him for a patriotic American held by Israel, or, 2. If i had to choose one of two to be released,,, the Libyian with prostate cancer who downed our PanAm jet and was released by Scotland to Khadafi's Lybia for humanitarian reasons (albeit that should NOT have been done in consideration of his crime), or Pollard.

Best Answer

Jonathan Pollard worked for the CIA,and handed a slew of documents That were not his to hand over.I think he renounced his US citizenship after he was arrested,carrying out a garbage bag full of classified information. It is not up to any CIA employee to decide what TOP SECRET documents England,Italy,or Israel has access to.....Do you think that if Israel thought we would share these things with them,they might have asked instead of employing an undercover agent?

Best Answer

I totally agree. I didn't write the above as one of the many Jews who wants Pollard released. I happen to believe Pollard is no different than Robert Hannsen of the FBI who gave tens of years of secrets to the Soviets purely for the money ( so he could impress prostitutes despite his devout Christianity!) and got numerous people from our side tried &amp; executed by the Soviets in the process. Those secrets Pollard removed from their highly secure location could JUST as easily then have been surreptitiously diverted to Iran BY clandestine Iranians to enhance their own nuclear goals! Pollard, Ames,,, they're peas in a pod. The two Jews spying for Israel or the two traitors spying for the Russians makes absolutely not one iota of difference. The polar opposites of who they spied for makes not one iota of difference n consideration of the major crimes they committed. Each one is 100% guilty of espionage against our country and should serve their entire sentences.

Best Answer

Anyone who has ever peeked into a significant other's purse/wallet or checked out her/his incoming/outgoing text/phone numbers has "spied on an ally." <br />
Veritas vos liberabit.

Best Answer

True! (Verify... that's all i know... the rest, please?)

Best Answer

"Veritas" = "Truth" Full translation: "The truth shall make you free." Specifically, we need to know what even our friends are doing.

Best Answer

we spy on others foriegn friends and domestic persons alike and they spy on us here a spy there a spy everywhere a spy spy

Best Answer

Documented examples your answer is based upon?

Best Answer

It happens, eleanor. Trust me. Personal background and first-hand knowledge, OK?

Best Answer

Yessir.

Best Answer

Spy vs Spy. ;≈]

Best Answer

I've laughed at that comic since MAD magazine in the early sixties.

Best Answer

Alfred E. Newman for President. Mad has a cartoon on Nick that is funny as He££. I watch it with my Sons. They laugh like maniacs.

Best Answer

And that image (A.E. Newman) goes all the way back to the 1920's. Mad just appropriated (stole) it.

Best Answer

I'd love to know its history! PM me, Frankie.

Best Answer