She always prefixes her texts with "haha" and adds a smiley like :) or :-D in almost every one of her text messages, aside from being the first to text me. And this is the girl I've been 'just friends' with, after I asked her out one week after meeting her, got rejected and remained friends for the past 9 months. We both are from different parts of the city, and in different colleges...so no chance to meet on an every day basis. Do note that she has never asked me out or suggested a desire to hang out with me, purely because her dad is super-strict..dangerously so, in fact. She said so herself... PS: I'd like to have a long discussion on this. Please do reply to my posts.
dovahkiin88 dovahkiin88 22-25, M 10 Answers Dec 13, 2011

Have you considered approaching her father and asking his permission to court his daughter and even (perhaps) offer to have a chaperone along if he chooses. Then, if you get his permission, you can then ask her again. But, as others have warned, be prepared for rejection. Just because her father might not ob<x>ject, doesn't mean she will automatically agree. Good luck.

Best Answer

It's part of the plan in the long-run. Right now, I just need to become a better friend.

Best Answer

As I said before, Good Luck!!

Best Answer

I think since she has not even suggested getting together in the last 9 months, she's strictly interested in you as a friend. <br />
If she felt differently, she would let you know.

Best Answer

That's because 'getting together' has a lot of implications...back here in my country. No girl would simply want to 'get together' with some guy she met somewhere. He needs to be a classmate, or a college-mate. Even then, she can't meet one-on-one....only in groups. If word reaches her dad that she was 'hanging out with some guy', she would be in a lot of trouble. I'm thinking, that she's keeping in touch despite all this, which is why I'm seeing it as a plus point!

Best Answer

If she takes the chance to text you, she would also take the chance to express some sincere thoughts your way. I'm not sure that you aren't reading more into this than there is, BUT; you know your culture and traditions best. Why not suggest again that your interested in her and see her response. That would be one way of knowing.

Best Answer

That's the plan. I need to learn to ask her out like a friend without getting cheesy/desperate. Now that you've mentioned it, I think that's my real problem.

Best Answer

'Like' is the key word here.<br />
I would say she likes you. Does she 'want' you? Impossible to tell from graphics in a text.

Best Answer

From the fact that she still texts me as if I'm a close friend even though she couldv'e stopped texting me and lost contact with me ages ago, tells me that she wants to stay in touch. Still, I'm not sure what approach to take, to get closer to her.

Best Answer

She only likes you, some people are more expressive but don't read anything into that. You asked and got a no, why are you trying to read anything more than that? You can always ask again (and be very ready for the consequences) but I wouldn't waste your time if you can't handle being 'just' a friend through text. As other's have said getting out of a friend zone is not easy. If your culture is that different think how you would need to 'propose' to her handling all the so called issues, get to know her friends etc. It's actually easier to dream than to do something concrete about it. Do you want to abide by the 'cast' rules of your society?

Best Answer

I don't think "friend-zone" applies even remotely in my culture, where girls willingly marry men their parents recommend, even if they are complete strangers. My parents' marriage for instance was a spot-decision. My mom was 21.
'Friendzone' applies to only hook-up cultures (sorry if it's politically incorrect) where there's a need to strike the iron when it's hot. I think what you say applies only when girls have complete freedom to make decisions based on their own feelings and judgment. Girls back here, at least the ones with a good sense of judgment want to make sure it's not mere lust before getting into a relationship. They have a large checklist they should make sure of, which includes family background (caste, religion, creed other than lack of criminal background or drug-history of family members), mannerisms before elders and even past relationships. Although I am clean in all those departments, there hasn't really been a chance to let her know all that.
"Loose" girls of our culture on the other hand usually elope with much-much older men never to be seen again. The only girls left in the gray area are the ones whose parents are either too liberal (the ones who approve of premarital sex), too busy with their own marital problems or dead! My girl on the other hand even refuses to ride on the back of my scooter . . afraid of "being seen and facing her dad's wrath". She even said she her dad scans through her text messages and "watches her every move".

Best Answer

Your reply is getting this conversation somewhere :). Another point of note:
I have 400+ friends, and she has 200+ on facebook. But we don't share a single mutual friend! Weird! Even now, I'm just "some guy" she met.

Best Answer

befriend her friends, it sounds like you should just 'marry' your friendship networks.. If you are a good person and your intentions are seen as honorable you may actually get closer to her.

Best Answer

Good idea!

Best Answer

She just likes you.

Best Answer

To me, it seems like she is interested only in friendship. Girls have a tendency to let their true feelings sneak out... if she liked you as more than a friend, you would have no doubt.

Best Answer

Is there a chance that I could make her want more than friendship? Wooing requires physical proximity right? How do I make her give me that chance?

Best Answer

It's hard to say. Perseverance does pay off sometimes, but if she has already friend-zoned you, it could be difficult to turn her mind around.

Best Answer

This is a fish in the sea moment- who needs the luggage

Best Answer

This one fish can make your hunger vanish forever...no need to eat anymore :).

Best Answer

You need that Űrber daddy crap?

Best Answer

Don't know what it is, and don't care to know.

Best Answer

"purely because her dad is super-strict..dangerously so, in fact. She said so herself..."

Best Answer

The dad in "American virgin" or "10 things I hate about you" are shameful examples of 'strict daddies'. Those daddies eventually give in. Dads in India beat their daughters and even kill them if they look at a boy from a different community. In a more realistic sense, he'd resort to emotional blackmail, cause a scene in the house until the girl either kills herself, runs away or is force-married off....get the picture?

Best Answer