Actually, "humanism" might be a better umbrella, but as there are still industries where women earn less money for doing the same work as men, and still places in the world where females have no rights at all, the original goals of "feminism" are still valid. It's not a dirty word.

Best Answer

No not quite. Women get paid less because they don't take the high paying jobs because the high paying jobs involve 16 hour days and lots of travel and they also work fewer hours than men, Check out the links in my blog, they dispell the myth that women get paid less for the same work.

Best Answer

My company was sued recently because of two different job titles assigned to the same task set, with a differing wage scale. Men had one title, women, the other. The difference supposedly was more physically strenuous work on the men's side, but it turned out it was rarely necessary. In any case, the suit was won, the job title was consolidated and some of the women won a judgement.

Best Answer

Go girl!

Best Answer

Love some of the answers here. HOW DARE WOMEN ADVOCATE FOR EQUALITY, THOSE *****.<br />
Anyways, its a reasonable question. Feminism is the term in modern parlance because it's the term we've used historically. "Equalism" or something like that may be more accurate (for most, but not all subsets of feminism), but changing language is extremely hard. Also, those who dislike feminism will just dislike equalism or whatever with the same arguments. "They call it equalism, but they still hate MEN!" That kinda junk.<br />
Finally, although the male gender role has a lot of issues, its still the dominant one in society. As a guy, I don't have that much to complain about. Equality of genders, at this point, is really all about fighting for women's rights. Women's rights are stronger than they've ever been (although I think we've regressed over the past ten years), but better than before does not mean the work is done. <br />
I'd use this space to spout off a million factoids about why women are still treated as second-class citizens, but those on side are already on side, and the anti-feminists came to their conclusion without using any real evidence and will ignore anything presented. E

Best Answer

Well said, sir.

Best Answer

Right so a person comes along and names a movement feminism, why would you ever think it was about equality? It's like a group calling themselves "The white knights of the aryan brotherhood" and then believing them when they say they're not racists.

Best Answer

Because it's not about equality. Women want to have equality when it's to their advantage but not when it's not.

Best Answer

the problem the way i see it is. and iam probally going to get roasted for some of the terms is use. Females want and deserve to be treated as equals but that comes into conflict when they also want to be "feminine" (guys also want them to be feminine sometimes also). Fact is (one of) the greatest thing about women is that they are female. its just the balance thats the problem.

Best Answer

Good point. In my nation ( UK ) When you fill out some Job Apps, you're meant to put your sex, & race down. I'm a white male , but if I put I was a black female, who would be wrong? I was lying, but , they weren't looking for the person I said I was?

Best Answer

Feminists are not so much about equality as they are about shoving the greatness of women down the throats of everyone. Any woman who is really for equality wouldn't call themself a feminist. I'm all for equality, but the idea of the feminist movement these days just makes me laugh.

Best Answer

Great point !!!

Best Answer

does anyone even use the word anymore?<br />
regardless, 3rd wave feminism please..

Best Answer

Those labels are for the media. It makes their job easier.

Best Answer