Home cure: Cloves Use it for: Cuts Sprinkle powdered cloves on a cut to keep it from becoming infected, says Duke. Clove oil is rich in eugenol, a chemical that's both antiseptic and pain-killing.
Darci13 Darci13 61-65, F 7 Answers May 31 in Community

I had dental surgery in December and the surgeon didn't prescribe antibiotics afterwards. He gave me a tube of gel to put on the surgical area that had clove oil, thyme oil & cinnamon oil in it, healed it up great with no need for antibiotics...and it wasn't strongly scented of those oils, just a little bit did the trick.

Best Answer

Clove oil is also useful for when your teeth or gums hurt. Get wisdom teeth out? Ignored the warnings and get a dry socket? take a cotton ball soaked in clove oil, and drip it into the hole as needed to kill pain and prevent further infection. The dentist looked at me like I figured the meaning of life.

Best Answer

I was thinking that I had heard that was a good one for that thank you so much as sometimes I do have a toothache so thanks:)

Best Answer

Use a q-tip, it's less wasteful and easier to manage. Though I should point out it's solely for temporary pain and should not be used for more than one or two days in a row. It can 'burn' your gums.

Best Answer

Quite true and thanks again:)

Best Answer

Another fun one. Black pepper will stop the bleeding on cuts.

Best Answer

Nature finds a way ! <br />
Did you know that breast milk is also an antibiotic ?

Best Answer

Where are you finding these?

Best Answer

Google.

Best Answer

Just random cures and tips?

Best Answer

I think I got bored and put in funniest remedies? I think that is what I put in.

Best Answer