Turned in my first job application yesterday, was interviewed an hour ago and got the job today. I start tomorrow. It's pretty exciting! But I only got hired because they were so desperate, and I'm just temp help until the holidays are over. I don't have many hours either and the pay is 7.25/hour. Sucks. I just keep running over what I said and wishing I'd been more social, talked more. I mean. it was MY interview, right? The guy (my boss now!) even mentioned I was quiet. Ughhh. x__X But I did well enough to get the job and I can do better from here, right? Sorry, I just have so many emotions right now. Any advice for starting off well at a new workplace, or being social and outgoing when you really just like to live in your head, etc? I had only had 5min to prep for the interview. Wish I'd psyched myself up more. Ugh.
loki12345 loki12345 18-21 4 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

just do more temp jobs, i feel the same way about para aide subbing in the schools, ive never done it before and it feels awkward spending the day with children, im not used to it

Best Answer

Deep breath, pat yourself on the back and relax a little. Good nights sleep and just be yourself the next day. Oh arriving on time helps : ) Congratulations.

Best Answer