Is it something to do with the nature of women and how they are to be treated. Im getting the vibe that they want to be in control and want dominance in everything. I know women are a lot more sensitive then men so that maybe it. I do believe in respecting women, but I always wondered why that is brought up more than respecting men.
geonavigator07 geonavigator07 22-25, M 11 Answers Jan 6, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

At a guess, it's because historically men were in charge of everything and got all the respect they needed pretty much automatically. Women were second-class citizens, so they didn't get the same kind of respect. So to balance things out, we needed an explicit instruction to respect them more.

(Hopefully this is changing a bit now, but it all seems frustratingly slow...)

Best Answer

It is because most cultures have a religious background that has already set a standard for women to respect men, listen, even be "obedient" that was already established.

Best Answer

It's implied that men already have respect so it need not be mentioned. Men are generally in positions of more power, and therefore respect, while women had to fight for equal rights all the way up to the 1960's or 70's, and many would say later.

With that said, I agree, men deserve respect as well. I don't like it when women use their gender as excuses to mistreat men.

Best Answer

http://youtu.be/vp8tToFv-bA

Men are disposable; hence "Women and children first".

Best Answer

Yes id like to know that as well since god gave adam charge over eve

Best Answer

Don't mix up culture with personality. Culture is always in transition, and at present seems to be going through a phase of adjustment from male supremacy. This is exciting, but not hitch free because any change in culture is vulnerable to the dominant voices of that time. Sometimes it is shaped by the sacrificial acts of selfless people; sometimes it can be derailed strong personalities with their own interests in mind. Human beings are fallible regardless of gender.

Best Answer

its assumed that we will be so blind in pedastalling women we wont notice that

Best Answer

cause of the culture of disrespecting women. Ive had lots of mothers tell their daughters to respect me in certain situations though.

Best Answer

men are ********...

Best Answer