Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, well that's alright cause i love the way you lie....
LovelessAdvocate LovelessAdvocate 22-25, F 7 Answers Aug 5, 2010

is the meaning of those lyrics possibly sarcastic? she's saying she loves it because he keeps doing it, but really she means that she doesn't like it at all.

Best Answer

yes it is sarcastic but in a sad way... exactly what i feel right now.... a lyric is not a lyric until someone actually felt it... and that's me...

Best Answer

This is not my genre but I'm one hell of a fan of good lyrics. This is about when a person is so in love with someone that they can do no wrong in their eyes. Even when the relationship is abusive in some way. So... "just gonna stand there and watch me burn" (in this case 'he' is doing nothing to help her, not supporting her nor defending her in anyway.). "That's alright because I like the way it hurts.." ('he' is automatically forgivin because she's so blinded by love or what-have-you, thta she makes excuses for him.) The next part is pretty much the same. If you take what I've said and roll with those thoughts, you will understand the song completely. Also, listen to the rap, it tells you bluntly what it's all about. I really hope this helps, the vocals and emotion from the diva are dead perfect.

Best Answer

Right said meant2saygoodbye! (the first comment)

Best Answer

Just gonna stand there<br />
And hear me cry<br />
But that's alright<br />
Because I love<br />
The way you lie<br />
I love the way you lie<br />
I love the way you lie

Best Answer

My wife and I actually have discussed this a couple times...why does she love the way he lies and why does she love the way it hurts?

Best Answer

she doesn't like or love either... but he keeps on doing it even though he promised not to...

Best Answer

wooooooohooooo..thats my ringtone..truly great song with a meaning! yeahyeha yeah

Best Answer

i hate that song,ive heard it a bazillion times

Best Answer

yeah hurting sucks

Best Answer