This guy is clearly an idiot, but please explain time how disenfranchising young people will help our problems at all...
tjschira tjschira 22-25 19 Answers Oct 29, 2012 in Politics

That's just stupid. If they are old enough to die for their country, then they are old enough to decide who should order them to die for their country. Age does not necessarily equal wisdom and in this case, we can clearly see that.

Best Answer

If young people can enlist and join the military, they should certainly have a voice in who's in office that might send them to war.

Best Answer

He needs to find a brain

Best Answer

That isn't just selfish - it is dumb. I would bet that he is one of those who votes only Democrat or Republican, with no thought to the actual person running for office. [:{)

Best Answer

As a matter of fact, I noticed that the "old Epers" e.g. 60 year old are the ones who seem to have disaster political opinions and such a childish/deceiving thinking!

Best Answer

Obviously that's his/her opinion. Just leave it at that. But do yourself a favor. Read up on as much as possible from both liberal leaning and conservative leaning sites and decide for yourself. One would only hope that said 40yr old would do the same.

Best Answer

It was my generation that fought to lower the voting age from 21 to 18. Young people don't vote as a block their votes are as diverse as older peoples.

Best Answer

the sad thing is, most young people probably don't care. I mean, how many 18-20 year olds do you know who actually vote(d)?

Best Answer

It is sad. Which is whyits important to encourage not discourage voter participation among th youth.

Best Answer

agreed.

Best Answer

I think that's an interesting generalization. I'm not sure that young people are any more selfish than many of the older folks who vote. Looking at some of the "interviews on the street", many older people seem just as clueless as a lot of the younger ones....so.....I've known a lot of older and very narcissistic adults. Besides, I can't think what young people would really be selfish about. Many of them vote for a candidate due to ideals that they hold. And, when you look at choosing a candidate, don't most people vote to try to improve their own lives or interests? Very few, young or old, vote because they see a much bigger picture.

By the way, I think it's a mistake referring to another member as an idiot. He has a right to his opinion. I hate name calling!

Best Answer

You're probably right I'm just frustrated. He also said that I don't understand the impact of war (even though my boyfriend is in Afghanistan) because of my age? He evidentially had military experience but that doesn't negate other peoples experiences.

Best Answer

I find that there are lots of times on here where I just have to not argue with folks because I know we aren't going to see things the same way. Maybe it's because I've been on here quite a while and just got tired of having my stomach tied into knots from dealing with people. lol. In the end, does it matter what he thinks?

Best Answer

True fact.

Best Answer

He/She is a moron, a problem with society is that not everyone votes.

Best Answer

He is probably all for big government and has been brainwashed into thinking they know everything. Some of us younger people have different thoughts that don't really jive with that. So instead of adapting. More suppression. Typical government thinking.

Best Answer

That is not true hung people vote from the hart

Best Answer

That was pretty crass to overgeneralize ALL people under the age of 40 BUT it is statistically TRUE that more "young people" are more liberal and selfish than their older and wiser counterparts who tend to be more republican and conservative who have a more "world wide view" of life.

I think that EVERYONE, no matter what age, needs to have a high school class that they must PASS in order to get their "voters license"...

I hate the thought that my very sincere and well researched and thought out VOTE is negated by any person who, without enough knowledge of voting and the issues, votes for the "other guy" because of "selfish needs".

Best Answer

age doesn't bring wisdom...nothing new.

Best Answer

I wonder how that 40 year old would feel if he/she got told they could not vote when they were younger and it was because they were selfish. I bet they would stick up for themselves then.

Best Answer

what a selfish a$$hole

Best Answer

Yes i agree. Bet they would not have likes ot so much if they got told that when they were younger. But now they are older they think they have more rights.!

Best Answer