Dragon3lf Dragon3lf 18-21, F 4 Answers Jul 12, 2012

What's deathrock?

Best Answer

It is a subgengre of punk rock, heavy on horror elements. Lyrics tend to be surreal and introspective.

Best Answer

Yep, some good deathmetal out there, well worth listening to

Best Answer

Other than similar lyrical themes I don't think deathrock and death metal have much in common.

Best Answer

How would you make a distinction? just asking not arguing leave that to the youtubers :)

Best Answer

Well deathrock originates from punk rock and death metal from heavy metal.

Best Answer

Fair enough then, I've got an extensive collection of rock music from 60s punk to industrial grindcore. I guess you mean stuff like red lorry yellow lorry, sisters of mercy, Bauhaus, killing joke, etc? I sometimes listen to them for the 80s memories.

Best Answer

We used to call it goth rock back then not deathrock

Best Answer

I've read that deathrock and goth rock were different gengres that emerged seperately and that there was an era when goth rock and deathrock meant the same thing. I wished I was born at that time *sigh*. Anyway I have just started digging the gengre. Acid Bats and Bauhaus rock! :D

Best Answer

If you can get hold pf the film The Hunger, Bauhaus do some of the music for that film especially, Bela Lugosi's Dead their best song imho :D

Best Answer

I love that song :)

Best Answer