run23456 run23456 46-50, M 10 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in EP

Both. It's economically good and environmentally bad. I live near the Canadian oil sands and it'd be a HUGE economic benefit here. But uh, they basically want to build it on the dessicated corpses of dead wildlife. So they need to sort that **** out.

Best Answer

Cheaper gas. 250,000 new jobs, vs Potential environmental disaster. Personally I'm willing to take the risk.

Best Answer

Anything to increase oil flow through America is good.

The potential bad aspect of it includes sabotage, terrorist attack, or mucho spillage. Personally, I believe the potential positives outweigh the potential negatives.

Best Answer

it's bad if they're forcing people who own the land to put it on THEIR land they own and they don't want it on their land.

Best Answer

We need to invest in alternatives to oil

Best Answer

With what money?

Best Answer

Good comeback but won't this pipeline cost money to?

Best Answer

Yes..but how do you get the same people that would invest in the pipeline to invest in green when green companies keep going broke?

Best Answer

I had no idea that green companies were going broke

Best Answer

Solendra Solar, Evergreen Solar , Robbinsville Solar, Clean Burn Fuels (ethanol) , Mountain Plaza Inc. ,Beacon Power, etc,etc. Enough to make investors think more than once about whether they will lose what they invest.

Best Answer

A wiser investment would be hydrogen energy development.

Best Answer

Do you want more oil and more money or less money and less oil?

That's ignoring all the jobs that will be created to build the damn thing.

Best Answer

Sooo.... your for the pipeline?

Best Answer

I'm for anything that creates jobs at this point. Throughout history higher wages, lots of workers, and better safety nets built entire economies. Look at America, Until the Anti union dix got power and influence the middle class was exploding in wealth, birth rate, and savings. Is it any wonder that when a state passes right to work legislation it leads to lower wages, less benefits, and worse conditions?

Best Answer

Since we almost slightly agree on something that's good for America I pass you a "rate up". Till next time . = )

Best Answer

“The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” --Friedrich Nietzsche

Best Answer