MissGaga MissGaga 22-25, F 3 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Community

irregular periods are quite common. a very common cause for them could be stress. my period is extremely irregular (i bleed from 3-14 days), sometimes I get my period 2 times in one month, sometimes I don't get it at all for more than 3 months. I have gone half a year without getting my period even once. Sometimes my period is spotty, sometimes I bleed so much I have to change more than 3 super absorbent pads per day. I am an anemic teenage girl with crazy hormones and extreme anxiety and weird dietary habits, though, so it explains it all. this is "normal" for me.

Best Answer

Oh God! After reading your comment I am not wondering any more LOL! No but seriously, you should see a doctor, even if you are a teenage, it should be more regular than that. As for me, I should be more stable by now....

Best Answer

well I have and mostly its this irregular for me because I have anemia and I never take my supplements :P

Best Answer

and also because I get a lot of stress and anxiety

Best Answer

and also because I travel a lot and its because of what mmmbabi said, my period tries to synch with the other women around me :P

Best Answer

i never had a regular period. i went a year here and there not having one. in my mid twenties dr put me on contraceptive he said it would regulate my period. didnt. when i turned 38 diagnosed with parkinsons disease. when i started the medication for pd my periods became once a month, spot on. go figure.

Best Answer

hmm wow! interesting! I have seen doctors for my condition but they say its normal. depression, stress and anxiety are common in my family so unfortunately I have them too, along with anemia and traveling a lot so that makes my periods reaaaally irregular.

Best Answer

I guess it is because my life is pretty stable I kinda find your period's irregularly is an issue! It has never been like this for me, I should mention though that when I was younger it used to come late. and the "other women" thing I have never heard about it before lol

Best Answer

well it was something we discussed in biology class, apparently our periods are in synch (something to do with our hormones) so that all women are fertile around the same time. something to do with us breeding or something :P

Best Answer

Well it is the full moon tonight haha but a change in diet and exercise or thyroid problems. if it persists go to the gyno. I had a severe case. my periods lasted for months at a time and thered be a week inbetween and they were very heavy. I was worried about becoming anemic, the doctors did a ton of testing and found nothing afteer time it went away but im sure yours is just hormones if its a one time deal

Best Answer

Sometimes if you're around other females a lot your cycle will change to be in sync with theirs. I don't know why this happens but it does.

Best Answer

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are you kidding me? =D Come on, that doesn't sound right! and I am around dudes all the time, it sucks! Maybe they have got a period as well? LOL!

Best Answer

oh yea! good point! totally forgot to mention it!

Best Answer

I'm not sure if it is scientific fact but it happens to me.

Best Answer

It sounds funny =P

Best Answer

its our bodies pheromones we release and our brains pick it up.

Best Answer