I want to get some new bras that are more visually appealing than what I have now. The ones I have now are also somewhat stretched out I think... because when I tried on other bras of their size, they were WAY too tight. The cup didn't even fit! I looked online and measured myself out to be a 40D (I've been wearing 36C!), but when I went shopping and tried to get some bras, ones that size looked HUGE to me and I really don't think I'm a D, but that's what the math tells me. Do different brands just run differently with sizes? I need some help and have no idea where to start. =(
GuitarGirl19 GuitarGirl19 22-25, F 18 Answers Nov 17, 2012 in Health

5 years its all changed now ... you need to go in the mens department Go ask for Chester ... he will hook you up

Best Answer

Save money, hassle and discomfort - don't bother... let your body form it's own outline. There are health benefits as well.

Best Answer

Size your breast in the shop

Best Answer

I recall reading a story about being fitted for a first bra on a different site that has me thinking that you should explore fitting capabilities at your local department stores.

Best Answer

I could give you a hand - two hands! Only kidding, maybe I should just go to sleep - you're only gonna put me down for that answer, anyway!

Best Answer

I won't down you. I'm glad someone could give a humorous answer. :P

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

different brands do run differently, so do different cuts/styles of bras. Also even if two bras both fit you they are not going to look the same under a shirt so bring a fairly clingy shirt to try on when bra searching. Also keep in mind how you will be wearing them (you don't want to go home with a bunch of minimizers if you want cleavage and you don't want a bunch of plunge bras to work out in). Your best bet is to find a store that has bras that you think are attractive which are in your budget and get one of the workers to measure you. It may be embarrassing but it is worth it since wearing the wrong size can seriously hurt your back in the long run.

Best Answer

I know I always have a problem with bras my boobs change so much regularly .. Even when I get professional measured they have to try many different designs to see what fits comfortable looks good and supports well . Nothing for it except trying them on . Annoying if your like me and hate trying things on when shopping :-)

Best Answer

What ever you do DON'T GOOGLE IT!! You will end up more confused! Go to a shop and get measured by a professional and try bras on, and if you have the time get a second measurement from another shop to make sure and try on their bras as well!

Best Answer

I know I am a guy but don't they have people to help you do fitting in stores?

Best Answer

Sometimes Belks and other department stores that sell women's clothing will have bra fittings. Try to find one of these and you can get an expert to help you select a proper fit.

Best Answer

try it before you buy it... they arent all really sized correctly... no im not experienced in the subject... i just hear stuff

Best Answer

Can't you ask your Mom seems like a weird/dangerous place to ask this

Best Answer

My mom's not really being much of a help... Plus, she doesn't wear really pretty bras. lol

Best Answer

K just wanted to ask was kinda worried for you

Best Answer

Thanks. I appreciate the concern.

Best Answer

Your welcome I have a younger sis to watch out for so it's just seemed right to me

Best Answer

Go to a nicer lingerie shop and request a fitting. Tell them you want a pretty supportive bra in a color ____________ (your favorite). They are professionals and will fit you.<br />
Different bras and bra styles do run differently size wise. After you've been sized try the bra on. You are right that some manufacturers run large and some small to size. The proper fitting bra will be snug, not tight - you can fit your finger under the band. The fitter will help you position your breasts in the cups. Ask any questions you have and don't be nervous.

Best Answer