I trim my hair once a month and still have really dry ends. Drives me crazy. I have even cut it short to try to start all over again. Any home remedies I have heard mayo or any certain product that actually works? I know this is not exactly the most important question but never the less it bugs me. Thanks
lleasarae lleasarae 26-30, F 14 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in Health

Coconut oil works for me.

Apply it to the ends generously, leave it on for a day (preferably when you aren't going out at all that day), then wash hair like usual. Do that about once a week.

Best Answer

oh cool ok that sounds like it would help thank you

Best Answer

Don't cut your hair short unless you just like that style. Yes cutting it every 3-4 weeks is good but you only need a trim. Olive oil can help, hot oil treatments. Use conditioner. And they sell smoothing oils at the salon that will moisturize your hair. Put a little on wet, then a tad more after drying. It helps your hair not frizz and will moisturize your hair. That is why you get split ends..no moisture.

Best Answer

oh cool thanks. Quick question do I warm the olive oil like in a zip lock or just put it on regular?

Best Answer

Either way. If you use it at night you can go heavier and leave it in over night then wash in the morning. And use just a bit when you style to keep your hair smooth just like a half a dime size in your palm then spread it in your hands throughout your hair..a little oil goes A LONG way. In a week or so you will see a big difference in your hair.

Best Answer

I just put it in regular. It's thin enough without being warm to me. I have a little bowl I pour it into, then dip my ends (My hair is to my waist.) and rub it in some.

Best Answer

There you go! Lol

Best Answer

I think blowdrying can damage your hair that way. Avoid it, if possible. Or hang your head upside down so the heat is focused more on the roots and base of the hair. As much as possible, let your hair dry on it's own. Also, you might avoid using combs on wet hair. It is more prone to breakage when it is wet. Use a brush that has flexible bristles...nothing metal or very stiff. Be gentle with your hair.

I like Aussie 3 Minute Miracle as far as conditioners go, but a lot depends on the water where you live. You might try using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, as well as a moisturizing mousse.

I have heard that mayo can increase shine and smoothness. I've also heard that apple cider vinegar makes a good hair rinse for dry hair. There are also leave in treatments like Infusium that I have used and liked.

Best Answer

oh i did not know it was prone to breakage when wet. I dont even blow dry my hear I dont know why I have this problem. My skin is the same way very dry.Cool ill try the vinegar. When do i apply it when my hair is wet then rinse or dry then rinse? Yes infusium I forgot about that, it does help. thanks

Best Answer

The apple cider is like a conditioner. You lean your head over after you've washed it. Then pour about half a cup over your hair. Wait a few minutes, then rinse with warm water. One thing I didn't mention- avoid using hot water when you wash your hair, and don't rub it when you are washing it...this strips the oils from the shaft. Concentrate more on your scalp area as far as any scrubbing goes. If you also have dry skin, you might try taking a supplement like vitamin E or coconut oil. Or add a little olive oil or other healthy oils to your meals. Sometimes it's good to approach the issue from the inside out. lol

Best Answer

I use olive oil. Just on the ends, left on while I take care of the rest of my body then rinse it out. I do not ever have split dry ends. I did before I used the oil. I never blow dry either, but I never have.

Best Answer

cool, im going to try it. I have it here so thats convenient plus your the second person to say that

Best Answer

Don't blow dry your hair all the time. Don't style it so much. Use moisturizing shampoo/other hair products. Eat well. Stay hydrated.

Best Answer

getting your hair trimed every so often

Best Answer

Thanks but I constantly have my hair trimmed, my skin is dry too. My forehead gets really dry sucks

Best Answer

use lotion, there is also shampoos and oils to put in your hair, i use hair polish, it makes your hair shiney x)

Best Answer

Frizz Ease serum has worked for me.

Best Answer

Since I switched for Head and Shoulders to Suave and started showering more often, my I stopped getting split ends as quickly, but I doubt that helps you any

Best Answer

Coconut oil is wonderful. Also, it can't help to keep your ends trimmed, nothing major.. just a weeny bit to keep the ends looking healthy :)

Oh and I've found not styling the very tips of my hair (like with a straightener) helps too :)

Best Answer

Try the Morroccan Oil products....you'll likely have to use a clarifying shampoo now and then, as it can tend to 'build up'....but it's a wonderful product....

Best Answer

I will try it. Where do I get it?

Best Answer

Some salons carry it....i got mine there

Best Answer