olive producds and thear found in walgreens and cvs

Best Answer

People, food products do nothing for the hair but coat the shaft of the hair and only give help from shampoo to shampoo. Split ends must be cut and to prevent them, condition properly AND have ends "dusted" every 6 wks if growing it out. keep the food product off your hair, the molecules arent even small enough to penetrate hair and if they were they have no reconstructive value so they do nothing. Also olive oils, morroccan oils, wow what a waste of money. Many will always fall for the latest hype.

Best Answer

WELL JUST GO TO A SALON AND FYI OLIVE IS NOT FOOD ITS ACTUALLY A BEUTY PRODUCT SOLD IN SALLY

Best Answer

Do you take a good fish oil? I suppose that is hype too? Olive and coconut are cleansing internally and act as moisturizers externally. This is not to say we should not have our hair cut or that does not help, but maybe we should consider other options that DO work and help as well.

Best Answer

im a styles rigth know and tha best ive seen is olive oil producs and trimming

Best Answer

You so didnt just use Sally's Beauty Supply as an actual place to buy real products??? Wow. Sorry but if a stylist uses hair products from Sally's in your salon then they should just take their license away. Not professional products. Or you would not be allowed to purchase them. My supply house, you must have a valid state license to even enter the store. And olive oils molecules are too large to penetrate hair shaft so it does nothing but coat from shampoo to shampoo.

Best Answer

o Wat ever u do it Ur way i do it mine and i have never had a problem aint gonna sit hear and discus beauty stuff

Best Answer

pumking yes olive oil does help, I agree with you.

Best Answer

thank u !!!!

Best Answer

look just trim every 3 months and use Ur olive products u will see they results

Best Answer

Nothing you eat or pill you swallow will help your hair on your head, it is DEAD. It can only minimally help the hair still growing beneath scalp that is not dead yet.

Best Answer

And the hair that is just beneath the scalp is what is most important because it is what GROWS out to be the rest at the bottom. Hair may die but it can be nourished at the scalp and helped by what we do internally. If the diet is not right or the body is not hydrated as it should be these things can and do impact our hair, nails and skin.

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer

Thanks Girls :) i will Take all 3 of ur guys advice

Best Answer

Yep, cut them. I have been a stylist for over 18yrs, no other cure (no matter what Nexxus says!!)

Best Answer

Sounds like more money for the stylist. Another customer in the door eh?

Best Answer

Actually no, it isnt about money for me. I do not sell products only recommend them, do not even carry retail in my salon. You really want to fix your hair go get Joico K-Pak reconstructor. So exactly how did i make money off of that?
Also, I highly resent your comment. You go ahead and use your oils that do not work...after you have spent so very much money wasted on them and still have your issues then maybe youll realize that after 18yrs of doing hair I just might know more than you do.

Best Answer

Resent it all you like. I am simply saying what DID and DOES work for me. It sounds like someone also has a bit of a pride issue going on. I do not care how many years you have worked.. if you are not open to other methods that work than that is sad to hear.

Best Answer

Pride issues, lol...what would that be exactly??? And what makes me money is I know my job. I am damn good at it. I have a huge clientele and I specialize in Corrective Color and restoring damaged hair to normal. You can be as insulting as you wish. i know hair. I also know people like you are the type that think anyone can do hair. i will not argue with you about this because you can think what you wish.

Best Answer

Anyone can get into the line of work you are in so do not assume to know more than anyone else. You may be damn well good at your job but you do not have to put down other methods if others have said they help.

Best Answer

Yes anyone can....but sorry, I am the best at what I do and people come from all over the state for me to do their hair. How far would you go to see your hairdresser??? I have a few clients in Georgia who drive or fly down every 6wks just for me. Any idiot can do anything, but to be good enough to have as many loyal clients as I have, talent and expertise is needed. Oh and i do know more than most in my profession because I was taught by the best in the world. Education does not stop after you get your license. I do minimum 200 hours of new education a year.

Best Answer

You are only reconfirming the pride issue. I do not care if you are the QUEEN of hair stylists... you SHOULD ALWAYS listen to your customers! AND NEVER assume you know more because of a certificate or degree that anyone else can also obtain. And in answer to your question I do not need to go that far to see a hairdresser. There are plenty of good ones nearby and I can even cut my hair myself with the right tools and knowledge!

Best Answer

I pegged you as one to cut it yourself. If I didn't listen to my clients how would I even have any??? Your issue is i discredited your methods, because of the scientific value of what you are using.

Best Answer

I am surprised you do have any given the way you talk. Any of your customers could be looking into the same things I am and ANY of your customers could be in your shoes if they so desired to be. There is also no law anywhere that says we cannot trim our own hair. And if you look down on those that do I am sorry to hear that.

Best Answer

Your job may be what makes you money.. but it is people.. your customers that bring in a profit for you. So never belittle anyone that could be a customer.

Best Answer

That would apply if I was taking on new clients. Which I do not. Only emergency referrals I take, I am that booked through this year. Also, my clients adore me. I am honest, up front and do not waste their time or mine with things that do not work.

Best Answer

Working from front to back, take 4 inch sections of hair and twist from the tip up to the root. You can see the split ends like little white tips, just snip them off with a pair scissors and you are good to go. Get a good conditioner and have regular trims every 6 weeks to keep your style fresh.

Best Answer

You can trim it all by yourself : )

Best Answer

That's a fact ;-)

Best Answer

Yeah Ive Tried That :) but i dont wanna cut my hair lol

Best Answer

A good trim and good shampoo and conditioner. I use kerstase! It's so gooood!

Best Answer

Hair cut. Even though I hate to fork out the money, some maintenance IS required.

Best Answer

Olive or Coconut oil ... take your pick, coconut is a bit more pricy but very good. Also take omega 3,6,9 capsules (fish oil or flax oil). Oh, and have your hair cut routinely.

Best Answer

Olive and coconut oil do nothing for split ends. Sorry. Nor does it fix dryness or anything else, except from shampoo to shampoo. To fix broken bonds you need a reconstructor, not kitchen supplies. And split ends CANNOT be repaired, must be cut or will unravel hair to the scalp.

Best Answer

You can cut them but you'll end up with them again if it is an internal issue. I am only saying what has WORKED for me.

Best Answer

You get split ends from damage done by brushing wet hair, blow drying too much without protectant and using products that do no reconstruction. There is no internal issue (unless you have a disease causing this) that will cause split ends. Maybe you over brush, over style, ride a bike with your hair blowing in the wind...these all cause split ends, along with many other things, but internal issues?? The hair is dead and if you mean internal like the cortex, well that doesnt create split ends.

Best Answer

If a disease can cause split ends than it very well can be an internal issue, disease or no disease. I am not saying enviornment does not play a role, it plays a significant role, but how we take care of our bodies internally does matter! Having Omegas 3,6,9 in my diet not only helps my nails grow out, it helps my skin and hair as well.

Best Answer

My goodness any of your customers could be on this site!!

Best Answer

Thank You for the Advice On split Endz

Best Answer

You're welcome :-) You will sort it out. Trim and then manage to prevent. lol, Sorry there had to be drama on your question. That was very unexpected.

Best Answer

You're welcome :-) You will sort it out. Trim and then manage to prevent. Sorry there had to be drama on your question. That was very unexpected.

Best Answer

Have them cut off and use conditioner to stop them splitting so much. Having it trimmed regularly stops the ends splitting and go easy on the heat styling. :-)

Best Answer

mayonaise

Best Answer

Indeed-coat all your hair, cover with a shower cap-leave 15 minutes-wash

Best Answer