I do not believe that Jews are being persecuted anymore, I do not believe that it is fine to speak about Jews, in fact, the minute you say the word Jew you are accused of Anti-semitism even if you are saying something good lol <br />
Seriously, can't you see how we are not allowed to point out any negativeness without getting accused (illogically) of being anti-Semites when I am a Semite myself! <br />
The minute we speak about Israel we are accused of being Jew haters even though many rabbis have declared: People, Israel does not represent Judaism and YES Israel does not represent Judaism as not every Jew is an Israeli and not every Jew supports Israel, yet the minute we open our mouth we get all of these (again illogical) accusations, if this means anything, it means that the "Jew topic" is very sensitive that we are not even allowed to positively criticise it as a religion or as country i.e. Israel, and I believe this sensitivity is there for political and also historical reasons, which isn't healthy or fair, I don't need to be called names just because I want to say my opinion about Judaism or so.<br />
I mean for God's sake, go find any anti-Islam question on EP and see how many racist, hateful, spiteful answers you will get and I assure you that the most hateful answer will be the highest rated, yet you say it is fine to speak about Jews? and not just Islam but many people mock Christianity over here and it is all fine, actually Judaism is the only topic I rarely come across and find mocking etc... , idk about what you are talking!

Best Answer

It's not my imagination. The anti Islamic statements I have seen have been unfair but academic. By that I mean people have used sources to make their point about the violence and misogyny associated with Islam. I know that those sources are often very biased. I do know that your feelings are against Israel and not the Jewish people, though, and even though I'm restorationist about Israel I don't blame you at all for your feelings. You're right that the Christians are mocked the most here, and there is obvious anti Islam sentiment scattered about too. It's all wrong.

Best Answer

I have no problem having Islam criticised about "violence" or whatever as long as the people critics it respectfully and use reliable sources in order to get real info so I can reply and discuss, I was not talking in my earlier comment about such criticism and I have no problem with that, in fact, I have had many productive discussions with people who discussed with me "real" things in Islam they are having a hard time to accept - What I am talking about is the propaganda spread about Islam, I have people coming to me with absolutely complete lies or worse they just post hateful comments that don't even contain any info whatsoever, that is not cretisim or discussion, that is just hate and bluntly an insult, full stop. That's what I am talking about which you find very often everywhere about Islam and Muslims but I honestly haven't seen such thing about Judaism or Jews - Also, my comment about Israel here did not come out of my feelings towards it, but I just wanted clarify some major misconceptions amongst people, that Israel is not Judaism, thus if I say I hate Israel it doesn't mean I hate Jews, also, that we have the right to criticises Israel without being called Jew haters, I wanted to point this out because people seem to mix up concepts and get over sensitive when Jews are involved in any discussion when Jews are just like any other people and we have the right to criticise whatever wrong they are doing without being labeled under false names.

Best Answer

you're an anti-semite. Better stop being so anti anything if you know what's good for your ***. But whatever you are I'm anti-whatever you are

Best Answer

I honestly haven't noticed anything.

Best Answer

I only respond to those comments if I think need a reasponse. Most of the hatefull stuff is by the same people or trolling. Neither is helped by giving them any attention. I tend to think that the most hateful stufff lately has been about muslims. If see someone spending misimformation about any groups I know differently of I try try to mention it...but I don't feed the trolls.

Best Answer

I haven't noticed that.

Best Answer

I have observed that also and felt exactly the same.

Best Answer

In all the time I have spent on here I have not seen one slur about Jews...

Best Answer

There have been a few in recent weeks.

Best Answer

Well thats sad

Best Answer

I have flagged anti Jew comments every time I came across them. There are a few EPers who include a rant against Jews or Isreal in nearly every post.

Best Answer

Now the it seems like the whole world is trying to strangle Israel economically and otherwise.

Best Answer

I think humans just need to be able to vilify someone. There's always one group vilifying another group for some reason. When we start to make that illegal, or imply that it's immoral, then the underdog changes, but it never goes away. Some people just can't be made happy and have to say something crappy about someone or something. I have Jewish friends and they crack jokes about themselves! Last Easter, one of them said to me, "hey, yeah... um... sorry about the 'Jesus' thing... we didn't know he was so important to you folks..." Had he said that publicly, he would have really been beaten down. But it was just to me, and I have a great sense of humor so we both laughed. That's what jokes are supposed to do... bring commonality to light and help people relate. However, insults are not the same as jokes.

Best Answer

Unfortunately,racism against Jews is "acceptable" now because the actions of the Israeli government are politically charged and being used as an excuse to badmouth all Jews no matter their country of origin. All over Europe and Asia,even in NYC there have been violent attacks on Jews sometimes by neo-nazis, or sometimes young Muslims brought up to hate and incited by the Palestinian issue. How they can blame a Jew in Britain for what the Israeli government does I don't understand but it is happening.

Best Answer

It's a sad fact that in these supposedly politically correct times, it is acceptable to discriminate against or make comments about certain groups of people without fear of notice or reprisal. Jews in particular seem to get much more than their fair share of abuse. All one has to do is pick up a newspaper or listen to the news to see careers ended, lives ruined or, in some cases, threatened over relatively innocuous remarks or political cartoons about this group or that.

Best Answer

I find small mindedness is something I can ignore wholeheartedly. If they feel the need to belittle me, or my people in general, well, that is their problem, not mine.

Best Answer

Why are jewish noses so big? Because air is free.

Best Answer