My bf of 6 years and father of my daughter doesn't want to get married because his first marriage was a disaster I have never been married so this poses my question of should I leave or should I stay?
Braveheart4real Braveheart4real 31-35, F 9 Answers Jul 13, 2012

You have to decide for yourself. If you decide to stay, it should be because you accept things the way they are and not because you think it will change. If you are expecting change, you will build resentment which will ruin the relationship. If you leave and you are still in love, you may regret it.<br />
No one can tell you what to do.<br />
I had a horrible experience in my first marriage. And I can understand someone not wanting to marry again.<br />
Some people can be happy with being a couple.

Best Answer

Let me just say.. My cousin is now 30 and her father told his girlfriend if they were still together in 10years he would marry her.. the girlfriend finally wised up and left him finally after 28 years.. btw..he has 6 other kids that we know of by other women..but she was the one he lived with. She didn't know about these other women until he announced he was hiv positive. Just something to think about.

Best Answer

If that's the only problem and you're otherwise happy, I would suggest staying. However, if you are questioning the relationship in general and feel that you would be ok emotionally if you would leave, you'd probably be better off to do so.

Best Answer

Should I stay or should I go nooow..If i stay there will be troubuuuhl..if I go it will be doubuuuhl..You probably shouldn't of had a kid with him. That's a reminder that he was in your life and will always be one until the day you die. I wouldn't want to be with a guy that said, "Nah, let's not get married." It's like saying, "Nah, I need a quick out, just in case things go bad."

Best Answer