hopelessromantic137 hopelessromantic137 18-21, F 10 Answers Jan 5, 2013 in Health

sounds quite stupid but it works, mum has done it with my younger sisters when they've been ill, chop a onion in half, and place it in the bedroom at night, it removes the bacteria and will stop u getting poorly

Best Answer

Really? Well that seems interesting...wonder if I could sleep through the smell???? Thanks for the advice :)

Best Answer

pepermint tea with honey and lots of dry toast. Try to eat lite as you can.

Best Answer

How to prevent it.mean you do not have it...yet. Good! then wash your hand often. Do not touch your eyes, face mouth with your hand (if you have to then wash them before).<br />
If you have some Detol or a desinfectant at home then clean the door handles and make sure that everybody in the house wash their hands when they are done.<br />
Then on the immune system side: make sure you are strong enough (lots of sleep, reduce booze and any irritant). <br />
Then last resource if you got it, Yes immodium will reduce the damage but in a way you have to evacuate it... then do some reading on internet too :)<br />
good luck

Best Answer

Nope, not yet...hopefully not at all! I am. We have sprayed the entire house with Lysol so far. I have immodium and I will definitely try to get more sleep. Thanks

Best Answer

and wash your hand or avoid touching your face as much as possible.

Best Answer

I'm gonna try :

Best Answer

I dont even know what that is.

Best Answer

The stomach flu? It's a stomach illness that can last a few hours to a few days. It consists of almost constant throwing up and sometimes diarrhea. It's awful...

Best Answer

Sounds like gastroenteritis ,lots of water and puke away to get rid of the bug, ive had it ,dont eat if its just coming straight out again. just rest drink lots of water and throw up, this is the best way ,believe me,it should pass in a few days.

Best Answer

Luckily I don't have it. My dad did and now my Mom does. I just want to prevent it since I'm flying in a few days...

Best Answer

i say drink a lot of water so that you are not dry wretching which can cause other problems, vomiting up water becomes quite easy and it makes you feel better, dont try to supress vomiting ,its your natural first line of defense and a very effective one.

Best Answer

ah right, drink plenty fluids any way, it probably came from some food they ate, so avoid all food in the house,espp meat products and dairy. and at least you know what to do if you get it, and if you follow this advice it should only last a short time.

Best Answer

Get the herbal tea :Traditional Flu Tea also eat plenty of cheese!

Best Answer

Cheese? What kind?

Best Answer

Imodium, it works a treat. You can get it in any chemist.

Best Answer

I have Imodium at my house already, thanks :)

Best Answer

That's the only thing I could think of. Is it no good for you?
Hope things improve for your holiday.

Best Answer

I'm fne. My parents have it. So far I'm good. I'm just worried about flying and it hitting me on the plane...

Best Answer

Yikes, take a change of trousers and pray then, babe.

Best Answer