WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY? Christ! What is wrong with some people?
PoetryNEmotion PoetryNEmotion 51-55, F 12 Answers Sep 17, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

That's when you know the relationship isn't going to last. Couples that stop trying to understand each other are doomed. Forbidding something is bypassing understanding and going straight to control. It's an evil practice to be frank on the matter.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

Sounds like one of those creepy d/s relationships. The extent of my husband's "forbidding" something was rolling his eyes and grumbling under his breath.

Best Answer

d/s is okay sweet bijoux. but forbidding someone who is your other half? horrible. i know you understand.

Best Answer

Depends on context? Maybe they are forbidding the other person from doing something detrimental to themselves or their family, like doing drugs or smoking near the kids or simply being abusive. If its something trivial or unreasonable, then that would definitely be questionable.

Best Answer

Your last sentence is what I am referring to.

Best Answer

Huh?

Best Answer

You seem a bit of a chauvenist, Pent. You like your women beautiful and subservient. Right, sultan?

Best Answer

Really? Well, what about if your spouse was a computer guy, and had arranged it so that the computer had a password and you couldn't make any changes or add any programs without asking his permission (and he always said no) because he was the administrator? What if he had arranged to be the only person with access to billpay on the checking account, and you were locked out of billpay because only he had the password...so you were not able to pay your own bills...and he refused to allow you access when you asked? What if he told you he didn't want you to go for a walk by yourself on the beach? What if he told you he didn't want you to take the 4x4 down the beach road? I could go on but I won't.

Best Answer

Leave him! Leave him!! I guess it's never that simple is it :(

Best Answer

I finally did...(sigh)...but it wasn't that simple, no.

Best Answer

This is all sounding horrid and controlling. This is what I mean.

Best Answer

Obtaining freedom is not simple. Believe me, I know this.

Best Answer

Hi
Ok Ok take a few steps back here. My husband is not computer literate there are no passwords to stop him getting on and all emails are family nothing secret but I have had to ask him to the point of threatening to cut his hands off. Please do not touch the computer unless I am there.

He is good he does not. But honestly once he has been there computer is never the same. It just turns to rigor mortis takes me hours to put it back again.

I have offered to give him lessons but does not wish to learn he is not really interested in them.

Bio

Best Answer

Hi rollie

Get rid of it but keep the computer the car and the house
Let him have the kids if he wants and you can have visiting rights
That is the first thing they use as blackmail that will shut him up

Bio

Best Answer