I've been on EP for a while and rarely see comments about minors on EP , today I saw 3 that bugged me, I didn't realized people just block them because their age group, men and women both, I know why they say because the worry about being labled a p edo, anyways this reminded me of my friend who deleted her fb account because she heard the gov spy on us and can call us terrorist, I feel like this is unlikely to happen, I mean I imagine they know the different between someone who hates America (more specifically the us) like I see many on EP than a young adult who is just learning and upset about something to do with politics, so I really don't see anything to worry about in her situation, and think she is just a little paranoid, so I kinda feel the same about minors on EP, why do people worry so much? Just don't go private messaging them but some may just have a simple question, but to be honest I don't think this cite is for them but I wouldn't go blocking them like I have seen
jlimones jlimones 26-30, F 5 Answers Dec 18, 2013 in Community

No, I wouldn't block minors. I used to teach them and you can have very sensible conversations from which both sides get something.

Too many people worry about being labelled "paedophile". For goodness sake, isolating teenagers from the grown-up world is both silly and wrong. Older people can forge genuine friendships with much younger folk, and it should not be assumed that "grooming" is taking place. In real life, my best friend is a man with whom I started to make friends when he was 15 or 16. He is a raging heterosexual, now separated with two kids. Nothing wrong there, I think.

Here is relatively safe, and anonymity can be easily maintained. What's more, conversations can easily be reviewed by the "authorities", so don't exclude the young, please.

Best Answer

Agreed. I don't block someone because he or she is a minor. Some of them actually ask good questions and are fun to interact with. I know how to avoid saying anything inappropriate to them. I also never try to message them and everything I say to them is totally out in the open. Really don't see any need to block them.

Best Answer

I don't see a need either and see it as kinda rude especially when they say " ur a minor and I'm blocking you" why say anything a all

Best Answer

Definitely agree with that. I kind of feel sorry for them when that happens. It almost seems like a kind of abuse in itself the way some adults so rudely and insensitively say that to them.

Best Answer

I agree with you.

Best Answer

i have no problem with minors here - i welcome them in fact because their presence only deepens my insight into human society and where the group mind is going - i also like occasionally to offer meaningful counselling to some of the more sensitive and troubled of them - i'm not worried about looking like a pedo because i'm not one, and i don't much care what people on EP think of me anyway - however i did have trouble with one young man who i thought was going to stalk me for a moment - he was virtually begging me to sexually abuse him, sending me pics of him i didn't want and ignoring anything i said - as long as i replied to him he considered that to by interest - in the end i had to just blank him - it was disturbing because it was the first time i'd so obviously met a victim searching for a predator

Best Answer

you mean he confessed to being a p3do but said he never acted physically on his lust?

Best Answer

i don't think i would have been able to resist that conversation - i would love to have an honest conversation with such a person - my philosophical curiosity can be helplessly relentless

Best Answer

i don't get jealous on EP much but your making me envious now

Best Answer

= ]

Best Answer

Wow that is crazy midgardfalls, but see as long as you recognize and block then there should be no problems. And turtlesplash that's good you are not like that but I would avoid getting close or personal, but I get you want to help , I just wouldn't unless it was simple in a question and short advice

Best Answer