I don't think we went wrong at all. By allowing society to evolve to the point where more women have been able to realise their dreams and gays and lesbians are gaining acceptance, the quality of life has improved for a majority. And the dinosaurs who want women to remain second class citizens (including some self-hating women who think so) are welcome to seek out each other and leave the rest of us alone.

Best Answer

Men are still men, women are still women. It's just that feminists decided that women should have the right to be whatever they want to be, and so we are, and the world still considers us female. On the other hand, I have yet to see a "maleism" movement that argues that a man can still be a man, even if he enjoys cooking or is good at art, or sewing, or cleaning, or singing. Or that men can wear skirts if they want to, and carry purses.<br />
It sounds comical at first, but think about it. You men are severely limited in this way.

Best Answer

Hm. I see your point... but didn't men get pissed off when feminism started? If you go with it for long enough, though, people will get used to it.

Best Answer

Yes. Very good points, scatterheart. Where your analogy falls flat, MusicalJoe is the reason for Black Music Awards in the first place: historical segregation. If there had never been "race records" (remember them ?) black performers would have always been part of the mainstream.

Best Answer

I guess we dont need a movement to do what we want to do...?
what say u?

Best Answer

Without the Feminist movement, we as women would not have half the rights that we enjoy today. Remember, us women had to fight for the right to VOTE, and for so much more in the past. Sexual harassment at work used to be the norm (its gotten better, but we still have a long way to go..), women were expected to marry young, bear children, and stay home and cook and clean while her husband went outside the home to work. HE controlled the money, and considered himself the ruler of the family. If a woman was a single mum, she'd be ostracized by her family. Life was pretty mundane and predictable for women. Lesbianism was unheard of, and bisexuals being accepted by society? Never! All of this and more are results of the PATRIARCHY. We live in a patriarchy, not a matriarchy. Our lives were dictated by men ( they still are to an extent, and many men DO try and dominate women's lives, but we have more choices and freedoms today than ever before..) Men still own the most property, businesses, stock, etc..) This is because guys and self hating women make it more difficult for us to be rich and successful. You speak of a "maleism" movement for men so they can "still be men??" This makes no sense. Men have it alot easier than women do in general. The most common argument that "women have more power than men" is always on a sexual level. Guys say "we can have sex with anyone we want at anytime.." Oooh wow..great. How about us women being able to get a high ranking position at a job so easily? Men and cut throat other women make it nearly impossible for us to do this. Men have all of the power in this world, and do not want to give it up anytime soon. And, men can be a transvestite or transsexual if they wish. Open your eyes. Gay men are way more visible on t.v.than lesbians. If lesbian shows even make it to t.v., they all look "heterosexual and femme." Why aren't butch women represented? It makes no sense. Well, I hope I gave you something to think about. Feminism is NOT a dirty word. I am a proud feminist because I care about the advancement of females in this male dominated world.

Best Answer

I think I will pass on that one. Having half your population dependent on the other half is no one to run a society. I prefer things just the way they are.

Best Answer

Let's go to basics: men ran after mammoths with a self-made spear and women... <br />
Oh wait, we humans are pretty good in evolving and we pushed the boundaries of our ancestors wildest imaginations, I prefer to not go back in time and devolve. Let's go forward and see how much we humans can accomplish: in harmony with each other and all our talents, strength and diversity.<br />
But if you want to run after wild animals wearing a cloth and holding a spear... that's fine with me, just no endangered species and go do it in Africa or something!

Best Answer

I don't think it was ever truly that way... :/

Best Answer

First of all, it is permitted to talk about being gay or bi- or whatever. So, are there more people not following traditional gender roles, or are we just hearing about it more? Secondly, many younger people today (you know, ppl younger than me lol) seem to be confused about their own gender role. Maybe because their are more options? With the rise in std's and information about them, some people are more hesitant to engage in $exual activity. There's more group hanging out and less pairing off, or else people are on their electronic media and not even meeting each other in real life at all. Thirdly, I wonder if certain environmental factors are coming into play. These hormones and hormone-mimicking substances in our food (meat)/drink(milk), water, etc. may be effecting our $exuality. There seems to be way more infertility, both male and female. And look at all those man-boobs!

Best Answer

What do you mean by that question?

Best Answer

everybody wanted to be equal and times changed so one person could not support a household my father worked outside the house my mother ran the house <br />
and it worked very well for us my father did not run my mother they shared important decisions although my father had final word about finances with that went<br />
the responsibility for mistakes which he shouldered like a man as you would say

Best Answer

automatic transmissions.

Best Answer

For me it went slightly wrong when I started wearing panties despite being a guy

Best Answer