Can't imagine ever upgrading from Win 7 to Win 8 because Win 8 is a dog. Switching from MS Windows to Apple is not possible with all my computers that are not compatible with Apple's O/S. So sick of constant maintenance that Windows 7 requires (patches, anti-malware, anti-virus, disk defragmenting, etc)
dskdw25q9n dskdw25q9n 61-65, M 3 Answers Mar 8 in Community

For my simple needs, I like linux

Best Answer

I've used Linux and it has advantages but it also has big disadvantages. Namely, installing stuff is often very complicated, you have to go into the terminal and put in complex code, not an easy process. Second, finding programs for Linux can be hard, a lot of the popular programs aren't available on Linux and you have to use open source equivalents.

Best Answer

I know. For example, I own a $700 security surveillance camera, designed to operate under Windows. Linux becomes a bad choice, if any of your must-have applications won't run under Linux. And although Linux can emulate Windows where necessary; I am unwilling to squander time trying to figure out how.

Best Answer

i used to be like that and then i gave up now i have windows vista which i dont upgrade unless it tricked me into do it i have an expired anti virus

Best Answer