And even though this is an open forum, and you have the right to post what ever you wish. please keep you answers clean and respectful. there are children here.
bhaktagerald bhaktagerald 41-45, M 8 Answers Aug 17 in Community

I have the ability to sense the emotions of others. I possess empathy and sympathy.

Best Answer

I dont need religion to have morals beneficial for myself and society. I encourage people around me to aspire to be more than they are. I have never gave up on anything important in my life.

Best Answer

My question had nothing to do with, nor did i ask about religion. So i ask you then, why do you attach other peoples ideas and beliefs, when all i asked for was 3 things that are good in YOU?

Best Answer

1) I believe in God.
2) I am a caring, loving person.
3) I think we are here to be happy, not miserable.

Best Answer

These are 3 very good things Number 1 being the best of course. but i will need a new #3. i am looking for you qualities. give me one more good qualities about you, that maybe no one else really sees

Best Answer

Okay, new #3: I am a curious, creative person.

Best Answer

1. You are superstitious
2. You are a caring, lovig person
3. You are superstitious

Best Answer

That doesn't make sense. I'm not superstitious at all. Now, if you want to get somewhere around that idea, you could say that I am Spiritual, and that would be correct. :)

Best Answer

Unconditional love, empathy and absence of malice! I hope!!! :)

Best Answer

Unconditional Love, thats a hard one. very difficult. Does that apply to everyone, or just the ones close to you?

Best Answer

Yes I know, the day I can apply it to all will be the day I achieve Nirvana...the ideal balance of disattachment and universal love. I aspire to it but for now I must admit its applicable for my loved ones only!

Best Answer

thank you for your honesty. and yes when one achieves this for everyone in this world, then one is truly free. I too and trying to achieve this. and i test myself everyday it seems. :)

Best Answer

Your name implies that! I would be very grateful if you could share how do you strive to do that everyday and then how do you test that?

Best Answer

everyday. i go out into the crowds, don't matter where, down town, shopping mall, farmers market, somewhere. and i engage myself to seek those who may need help. carrying something for them, getting doors. helping cross a street, and allot of times, simply giving my ear to them to release. in this way, I am able to go out and help others, and also will be tested. in today's world, it is not easy for people to except help from a stranger, they think you are up to something and may harm them. so i am yelled at allot. example: one day at the grocer store, there was an elderly women who had a over flowing full cart to put in her car, i walked over and said " Please mam, may i help you" She swung a bag at me and yelled. "i dont want your help". it is in these moments one is tested of our own reactions. Here in just awhile. i will go downtown. i live in a tourist town. many opportunities to be tested, and to be able to help others and show Love.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this! You know, you simplified it really! When one reads the Masters one cannot fathom ways of emulating them but this i can relate to completely. I can try and emulate this! Are you an Iskcon member?

Best Answer

Yes I am member of ISKCON. you have been around Devotees yes?

Best Answer

Oh yes, I am an Indian. :)

Best Answer

Very good. I am american and in the states right now. Happy Janmashtami, today is such a great day. I do hope you are spending it well, and Krishna is blessing you today.

Best Answer

Thank you, same to you! May His blessings be with us all always!

Best Answer

thank you. you are very kind.

Best Answer

nothing. i try to be good, doesn't mean i am. *shrug*

Best Answer

but still, there are 3 things about you that are good, what are they?

Best Answer

i try to see both sides of every issue :)
i never harm anyone or anything willingly
that's about it, i think. the rest isn't very good, i'm afraid

Best Answer

that is very good. those are very good qualities to have. if you think more positive about yourself you will see more positive things my friend, chin up

Best Answer

i don't feel the need ;) where have you been, hadn't seen you around for months!

Best Answer

Thank you for noticing. very kind of you. I had to step away from this forum for awhile. the topics here get to me, and even though it has not changed, at all. I and able to tolerate it again. I just get very frustrated with the non stop sex talk on here when there are children that also use this site. they are being influenced by it and the people doing it do not seem to care about the affects that they have on the children, by constantly asking such questions.

Best Answer

i believe most of them are not children, but really pedophiles catphishing.
but some will be children yes. they bring here their everyday life. that's worrisome. where are their parents?? do they do this at school? are there no grownups around? couple years ago i had dinner with friends and we got out of the restaurant at 1am. when we left for home, it was when hordes of 14 year olds were arriving! and many were already half drunk! where are their parents??

Best Answer

Yes , theses are the problems i see everyday. and then talk shows and other news media avenues seem to seek out some reason for it other than the obvious. the parents. and this has led to an over abundance of medicated kids, because this world thinks a pill can fix everything. I have only been back for a few weeks, and to tell the truth, not sure if i will stay. the ignorance and yes cat-phishing is just to much here. do you know of any other forums where one can have a good intelligent conversation with people?

Best Answer

sorry, no :) i joined looking for "adult, intelligent conversation" (that's what google promised) but so far, not so much. it is a fun place though! many questions and answers make me laugh. i usually block the spammers and report the perverts. just like life, not everybody are good.

Best Answer

I have been reporting allot this go around. I will see what happens, i might start posting more questions that engage in intelligent conversations.

Best Answer

good :) we need more of that!

Best Answer

Bacon, steak and ice cream on warm apple pie.

Best Answer

Ok besides the material things you have eaten. what are 3 good thing you offer to this world to make it a better place and that make you a better person?

Best Answer

I am compassionate, confident and happy!

Best Answer

Very good. can you give and example for each. what makes you all these things?

Best Answer

I am each of those things because someone told me I couldn't be....I proved him wrong! He has no control over my life anymore, and he tried taking that from me, but I grew and evolved into the person I am today and thats what makes me happy!

Best Answer

Stay strong and go out into the world and give these qualities to everyone you see.

Best Answer

Thank you...that is kind of you too say and yes I try and instill these in others, especially my children.

Best Answer

o:

Best Answer

Is that the best you can come up with, you dont see 3 good things about yourself?

Best Answer