I graduated college and now I am looking for a job, so that I can save a little money before I continue my education. Last summer I was offered a job far from what I graduated in. I was willing to take it, as it would get me out of the house and actually to a place where I would have human interaction. My parents told me not to take the job because it was not in my field. They made me feel so bad about it, that I didn't even try it out. The rest of the summer I had nothing to show. Now same thing, I found a job I would enjoy, but not in my field. Now my mom is making me feel bad and is encouraging me to keep looking (I've been at it for 4 months w/2 responses and no offers). What should I do? My parents are telling me things that make me regret ever asking them for advice.
Russiazoogirl Russiazoogirl 18-21 6 Answers Apr 28 in Health

your parents want the best for you and second best is not enough.<br />
you on the other hand want to get on with your life.<br />
what if you take the job and it changes your mind about your future.<br />
my advice would be to get as much experience as you can, remember a thing taught is not as good as a thing learned.<br />
oh and all this might be bullth1t because I'm a parent as well.

Best Answer

dont ask them for advice you are an adult now.

Best Answer

screw it, take that job! who cares what field it's in? (excluding illegal stuff) just take it, if you don't like it you can always quit

Best Answer