bangels bangels 26-30 12 Answers Jun 18, 2012

The answer is that not enough people know or understand the problems this causes us and those around us. They can't see it so it's not a priotity. It's improving as you hear more talk about it on radio etc. The problem there is they never use an actual sufferer to say what is needed etc. They use "experts" who don't know anything but what we have taught them.

A good D web forum is as good as it gets. And this ain't one of them. Google D forums.

Best Answer

if you don't like all that mental health, you can give me some.

I certainly need it.

There usually are a number of services and support groups out there.

There problem is, when you have issues, finding and going to these groups is the hard part :P

Best Answer

Looking and looking, could drive a guy crazy.

Best Answer

Exactly!! That's where I'm at...being driven around in circles.

Best Answer

We have this nice big free clinic that is put near a school. They will not treat mental health patients for anything to do with mental health. Apparently the school does not "those kind of people" that close to the school. I would like to put my nursing uniform on and show that whole school what real mental health people look like. Thanks to them I had to quit nursing. I am unable to afford the frequent doctor visits and medication at times and become unstable. I have no where to go. I went to the ER and had to be admitted into the ER just to renew a prescription because I could not afford to buy them. It cost me 1700 dollars just for the ER visit which they sent me to collections for. They are still waiting for the money. If I could have a reliable source of medication then I could be a nurse saving lives. But eh... I really am sick of it all anyways.

Best Answer

So sorry your dealing with this. I can't believe how many people are suffering and the lack of help available.

Best Answer

For support, I would strongly suggest the National Alliance on Mental Illness; NAMI.ORG

As to the why, those with mental illness don't generally vote, and our politicians are now owned by corporations who don't care about mental illness beyond maintaining it as a profit center.

Best Answer

Sad but true! I feel like it's now a money maker to "try" to help.

Best Answer

I thinks its partly to do with the attitude to the mentally ill, perhaps through a mixture of ignorance and fear many view sufferers as somehow '' the undeserving sick'' and therefore society pays little attention to their dreadful plight...

Best Answer

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's "all in our heads" and we should just be stronger. So tired of hearing that. Society needs to understand.

Best Answer

I had depression and brain injury. You can add me and exchange experiences and strategies, if You wish.

Best Answer

Their is a lot of places to go for help but some may be difficult to find. Or finding one that your insurance covers. That's been a problem for some to. Maybe you should look up on the internet to find some in your area.

Best Answer

Funny, all this time I thought mental health was a good thing...

Best Answer

there is help out there i live in california friend and whe have so many groups and support services out here

Best Answer

What groups would you suggests?

Best Answer

are you in cali i can help u look for some

Best Answer