my parents keep trying to ground me for bad behaviour, but i can"t accept this so i just leave the house when my parents are not looking.the last straw came when i got caught shoplifting as i am only 15 my parents went mad,they said they were going to give me a taste of prison life, i said dont bother trying to ground me as i will just walk out.to my horror when i got home from school last friday i was escorted to my bedroom which my parents had put a lock that could only be locked or unlocked with a key my room was empty all i had was bed blankets and desk for schoolwork,even my clothes had gone so i had to wear my school uniform all weekend then my bedroom door was slammed shut then i heard the key turning in the lock click so that was that i was locked in, a horrible feeling,my parents said i was being punished for my own good as they dont want to see me go to jail, i tried to climb out my window but this also had a lock on it i spent all weekend locked in my bedroom it was horrible i was so bored i don"t like being caged up in my tiny room it"s not fair, i had to eat in my room and was only let out for bathroom breaks,, if this wasnt punishment enough i had to wright several essays on why i was being punished and a letter of apology to the shop i stole from. the worst part was in the evening when my goody two shoes wonderful sister had her friends round they were having fun watching tv etc and i was shut in my tiny empty bedroom they even teased me and wound me up, because they were going out bowling etc it was awful i dont like being punished and treated like a prisoner it"s not right, now ive been told i will have to spend 4 weekends locked away as my punishment i think this is wrong and too harsh what do you think?ps a have accees to a computer as i have school on weekdays and am only locked up at weekends
xyz4321 xyz4321 16-17 25 Answers Mar 17, 2011

Oh no life is so horrible for you -_- hey why don't you rebel back! Show the world how unfair things are for you! Get into drugs, burn some buildings down, get caught and go to jail and become lola the prison b*tch! Whatever you do just quit your b*tch'n about how good you have it in life. I got a better idea, why don't you go tell your problems to homeless kids your age in a third world country your problems and see what they think. Or how about you just go outside and play hide and go f**** yourself!

Best Answer

I think the truth an honor aren' very important in your world. Good gawd you can' even tell the truth bout your age on an anonymous website.

Has it occurred to you the next time your parents change locks might be the doors to the house? The computer you're on woulda been gone long ago at my house.

I was far from a perfect kid either, so I wanna show a lil compassion here. We all furk things up as we grow. Your parents are doin their own gut-check right now - takin some drastic steps tryin to right what they see as their wrong: Despite their efforts, their child is a thief an a liar. You've admitted both here. Look round your world at the adults you know to be liars an thieves ... is that who you picture yourself bein as an adult?

You're gonna have to decide if that's what you want for yourself. Right now it looks to me as though they want MORE for you. Might be time to join 'their' team. I'm wishin more for you too.

Good luck. Peace.

Best Answer

You are lucky to have parents who care enough to show you there are conscequences for any actions you do. To steal even a lollypop is a downward spiral to a life in the gutters is that where you want your future to be? You have everything others are not so lucky. Think about what you did and what the person you stole from feels about being ripped of by you. Learn from it and move on. Focus on making your life a better one by doing some good in this world there are enough out there who commit crimes don´t become a looser. Focus on helping those in need instead you have a lot of potential use to help rather than to inflict pain and misery. I hope you turn your life around you still have time use it well and put this past undeed behind you for good learn from it and move on consider yourself lucky because in my book you are.You were caught in time good for you cudos to your parents for caring enough to show you the way.

Best Answer

do you have any toys to play with ?

Best Answer

You should have been turned over to the police. I wonder how you would like it in a juvenile detention center? I remember what it was like to disagree with my parents, I got in trouble lots, got grounded lots, you just have to deal with it and look forward to the day when you can move out and get your own place, only then your parents won't be there to ground you after you shoplift, you will just go straight to jail.

Best Answer

What is that old saying?? "Do the crime .. do the time" ... you took something that didn't belong to you .. so someone took something that was yours .. your belongings and your freedom. It's not a nice feeling is it? I'm guessing thats EXACTLY what the shop owner was feeling too when you helped yourself to his things without paying for them.

Best Answer

I would love to stay in my uniform all weekend

Best Answer

You are a jerk for shoplifting and disobeying your parents. In India, shoplifters have their hand/s cut off. Consider yourself lucky.

Best Answer

if you were my kid and you did that i'd have you over my knees faster than you could blink.

Best Answer

this is what i would do , just when you go to school look for the big pot heads and get a little bud you know? , smoke it when your up in your room , dawg trust me you will not be bored homie<3 , dont think its bad cause its not , i get straight A's been smoking since i was in 6th grade ;P try it

Best Answer

fair

Best Answer

I'm surprised that you didn't even felt a tiny bit of guilt!!

And remorse of what you did!

Instead, all you did was venting how miserable your life is being grounded!

With computer and Internet access!!

I'm really sad for our younger generation!

Best Answer

It is called "consequences".

I applaud your parents for going through with the punishment.

When you get out into the real big bad adult world you will see further "consequences" to your actions. Deal with it, that's life.

Best Answer

You should be in jail!!!!

Best Answer

More parents these days should care like your parents do. I wish my Mother would have punished me for all the crap I pulled. I might have made wiser decisions. You'll understand one day. But until then I will say a prayer for you!

Best Answer

I think it was very fair and what more parents should do today with kids. It was not abuse what they did, it was RESPONSIBLE. They knew you would sneak out and it shows how much they care about you by the way they thought through this plan. Good for your mom and dad. I would have busted your *** first, then locked you up.So consider yourself lucky.

Best Answer

Shoplifting is serious. You could get a juvenile record and spoil your whole life. Staying indoors is a small punishment but its a waste if you aren't willing to learn your lesson.

Best Answer

Haha.

Yes. Its fair. A bit OTT...hehe.

Best Answer

wow, well i think they went way 2 far by locking you in your room.with a lock.. that's a lil abuse in my books... BUT! you shouldn't did what you did. try and get into something you like sports or an organization that will help pass your time up and so that you wont get into trouble.kids have so much time on there hands so they dont know what to do with it, so they go out and get into trouble. but you will be ok. think positive, it really could have been worse.

Best Answer

It's considered child abuse and would be illegal here.

Best Answer