I'm in a long-distance relationship. He says he loves me more than anything, but I want to know how a man can show their love if he isn't right here with me.
sweetiesummy sweetiesummy 22-25, F 23 Answers Sep 28, 2008

The way a person shows love is as unique as the individual. Some show love through gifts, some through words, others through touch. The possibilities are endless. When distance is a factor the means for showing ones love become more narrow.

I can tell you a man proved his love for me despite distance by calling when ever he had a chance, by calling each night before bed to "tuck me in", by staying on the phone after I had fallen asleep just to hear me breathe, by telling me he loved me daily, by sending his affections in the form of poems and letters, by giving me his sweatshirt that smelled like him to wear when I got cold or missed him, by sleeping every night with the teddy bear I gave him because it reminded him of me through the night, by waiting at the airport for 4 hours because my flight was delayed, by stopping at a cute little restaurant on the way to the airport trying to make me late so we'd have a few extra hours together (or an extra night), by loving me in his own way.

Best Answer

if you have any doubt in your long distance relationships then maybe you should get out of it. Because doubt is the first sign of a broken relationship. I am in a long distance for two years now, he is navy stationed in the states. I don't hear from him often, however when I do he throws me kisses, huggs and tells me he loves me. I believe it would be a waste of time for someone to do and say these things and don't mean them. I'm not asking this person to love me or lie to me. I will express how I feel not wanting anything in return. This relationship just happened and we have only spent one week with each other out of the two years. I stay busy living my life where I am, if our relationship is meant to last it will happened. If not then we move on.

Best Answer

The same ways he can in person- the important ways. Be interested in your day, in how you're doing. Remember dates/places/times that are important to you. Be attentive to your needs, even from a distance. Be there for you in the ways that matter.

Best Answer

I am currently in a long-distance relationship. How your man shows love is all individual. But me and my boyfriend, who have been together for a year on the 15th of march 2011, we trust eachother with our lives and we love eachother to death. I have visted him once and we are already planning many other visits.

But getting to the point. The reason we have such a good relationship, even if it's hard with long-distance, is our one and only rule: No secrets. That way we can talk about everything, even if it's scary.

For example: He can tell when I'm not in a good mood or when something's bothering me, cause we know eachother so well, so if he asks me "what's wrong?" and I'm reluctant tell him. He just says "No secrets" and since it's an agreement between us I simply tell him. Sometimes it's easier to tell, and sometimes it's so hard you want to cry. But if you have that rule, and you truly stick to it, your relationship should benefit immensly.

But I think 'Mello' and 'SleepAloneSpike' have very valid points too. It's the little things, when he asks you how your day was and truly listens, the little inside jokes you have, how he always tries to make you smile or make you happy, the little personal gifts or emails he sends you. Just the way he shows you that he really cares about you. But we are all individuals. And we all show love in different ways. I myself is more of a gift person, I just love to see his face when I give him something I know he will love.

I'm going to try and wrap this up XD I don't even know if this thread is still relevant, but maybe this can help someone else in a long-distance relationship.

All I can say is, long-distance is hard. And it takes alot of devotion, love, communication and trust.

Good luck to all you long-distance relationshippers out there. It's worth it is he/ she is the one.

Best Answer

if he/she is the one then how come me and my gf broke up?(thats an example i am happily married)

Best Answer

What Drumsong said. Communication.

Best Answer

if your boyfriend really loves you you'll know it.... you dont need a soothsayer to tell u that... his actions alone will speak for him.... I've known my boyfriend for almost 3years and we live in different states.. he calls me everyday and we talk for housr at night before he goes to bed... he travels to see me when he can and makes arrangements for me to come visit him, he gives me gifts and all, he tells me everything and he says he loves me... if thats not love, I dunno what else is... cos I dont know anyone who do all these for this long just for fun..

Best Answer

Hmm I'm in a long distance relationship too. Before my boyfriend and I committed to each other, we had this agreement. We set rules. We agreed that we should remain faithful to one another, should trust each other, share secrets and the main key just like everyone else says in this thread - communication! We communicate everyday from morning till early morning. Every time he gets a chance from his work, he would call me. We talked a lot of stuff and laughs with each other jokes. My boyfriend is a sweet guy and I can feel despite the distance that he loves me. He created a poem for me, he composed a song for me, and every night before I went to work (since I'm working at night) or before I go to bed he always had something to sing for me. He told me once that I changed him to a better man. A man who keeps his promises and a guy who finds time for his girlfriend. And mostly, we never fails to expressed how we felt towards each other by saying I love you. And now, we are open and discuss about our future together.

Best Answer

When he call you more than ur bestfriend does, text you when ever he can, and tell you how he turnd down other girls who wanted to hook up with him

Best Answer

If he realy loves u, he will call, text and say good morning and good night. Show more interest and attention to u, by asking how was it day and if something is wrong he will want to fix it and listen to ur problems. Talk about it future together and share more about his daily activities with u and make plans to see u very often. That's love.

Best Answer

a guy usually show there love by posting on your timeline or writing mails to u each day...trying to get in touch no matter what and always being there for you no matter what even if it means he have to come across ocean to meet you.

Best Answer

I just recently moved away from my old high-school so its been tough on my relationship but we have been able to make it through it I know what your all probably going to say its just puppy love but he's been there for me when I was going through a tough time and he always remember when all my cross country meets are and to tell me good luck and even if we get in an arguement and I'm in the wrong he apoligizes and tells me he loves me and I love him and when we graduate we are planning on reuniting and I have faith that some day we will get married and start a family

Best Answer

Im in a long distance relationship for 4 years n we have a child together n he would visit us every 3 months...we get whatever we want,cummunication up to date but he would say he love me occasionally does it means he dont love me?

Best Answer

I have been in a long distant relationship for almost two years. It has been a hard and trying time. This man and I graduated high school together and after forty years renewed our friendship. We reconnected on Classmates.com. He kept sending me messages and I would not respond. At that point in my life, I was fed up with the male species. We are both sixty. I have never been one to pursue a man. With him it was different. I responded to his messages and I looked at the pics he had posted and I liked what I saw. He was surprised when I asked him if he still had those beautiful hazel eyes. He did not think I would remember. His eyes are

mesmerizing. Anyway, he is retired Air Force and lives in Washington state. He is an AFROTC instructor. He has never been married and has no children. He has dated women from all walks of life and I mean that literally. We started talking like we had been talking all awhile. Intimate things, private things and personal things. He has been a loner since he graduated college. One of his family values is that you do not live with a woman unless you are married to them. The longest he has dated anyone was about two years, because he has taught in several different states and the relationships did not last. Just noticing the way he acts, I don't think he made an effort. We are both from Virginia. His family still lives here, so he comes home right often. I am so deeply in love with this man and he knows it. I am a "Romanticist" and I am always expressing to him how I feel. He never say anything to me in return. I honestly do not know how he feels about me. He will not say. I believe he cares, but how much is a mystery. He is a very sweet and kind, When we first started talking, we stayed on the phone, texted and emailed all night. All of that has slacked off. I have not been out to visit him yet. He says it's because he is at work all day and don't want me coming all the way out there and we won't have time to spend together. I understand that, but give me that option. When he comes home we hardly spend time together. He is running around doing things for his family. I know blood is thicker than water, but come on. Mind you, he has five other siblings and four are still in the area. If he comes in for a week, I may get one or one and a half days. Last year he was here for three weeks and I hardly got to spend time with him. I cherish every moment I get to spend with him, but wonder if he feels the same or just feels obligated. His Dad left him a home down in Carolina and when he comes to visit we sometimes go down. When he gets into a bad mood, he goes down to Carolina alone. He won't call to see if I want to go. He will text me later and tell me he is there. Of course, it hurts my feelings and makes me feel like he do not want to be with me. I feel that he is so content with his life, he do not want to commit to a serious courtship. Should I give up?

Best Answer

I've been in a long distance relationship for eight months. He sat next to my best friend on an airplane. He is the only person that she has ever suggested that I get to know in twenty years. We started talking online and within a short time my heart felt full. It felt like I was in love like never before in my life. I felt sure about someone that I really didn't know very well. But every time I second guessed myself, I also told myself, you have never felt like this about anyone, so sure, so right. He is just the kindest person, I have ever known. He calls me when he wakes up, before he goes to bed. We talk on facebook a lot and we share pictures. We also share friends. I have talked to his Mom and his Dad. He just makes me want to be the best person I can be, all the time. Which is new for me. He also tells me stories about work, like someone he works with, and that he tells them, how much he loves me and that I love him. But when he says that, I believe that he loves me as a friend. So you ask, why am I in this thread tonight? We talk about me moving there. He's offered to help me with a house. But still I am so unsure of how he truly feels??. I don't know if he just loves me as a bestfriend or if he romantically loves me. We are each others bestfriends and I feel the physical charge with him, even long distance. When we met, it was unbelievable. I am divorced. I went through a severely abusive relationship and I just will not let myself go into something that will devastate me in the end. I'm just not sure how I can tell if he loves me as his friend or loves me as his friend and more. Today he made a comment to an old friend that he needs to find a wife. I think it was said in jest but I also know him well enough to know that he was serious. I don't know if it's time to jump ship, take my losses and let him find his wife, or put it all on the line and move across the country in a few months. I know he loves me. I love him too. There is another thing worth mentioning, he is extremely handsome, and he knows it. But I am a pretty girl too. Sometimes when he gets too cocky, I remind him of just how great I am; to which he always agrees. You are beautiful and amazing. I'm just not sure that I am enough for him. He never meets a stranger and always has so many girl friends that its hard to know if I'm just another friend or someone to love romantically. He has even told me on occasion that he needs to find someone to date. To which I said, okay, then do it. Then he said, when you say it that way I know you don't mean it. Then I said, I truly wanted us to try, but if you can't wait...then don't. That was three months ago. I just really don't know, I hope someone here has an opinion. My bff that introduced us says she thinks it's more than friendship on his side. That she can tell by what he says to her. Need advice....How can I tell if this man really loves me more than a friend??? Thank you........

Best Answer

Ask him. That's my advice to you. There's no use in going around tormenting yourself when you can simply ask him how he feels.
Sure it's hard, but would you rather move across the country and then find out he only loved you as a friend?
I don't know if you read my post on this tread but my main point of that post was: Communication is key.
Talk to him. Find out how he feels instead of going around guessing, trying to interprit the things he says.
Just gather all your courage and ask.
Good luck :)

Best Answer

Thanks for your advice. I am working up the courage to ask him. I appreciate you taking the time to answet my question. I did read your post and I do agree with you. Communication is so important. I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world in your life. Good luck with relationshiop, I am cheering for you!

Best Answer

Long distance love is hard. I have been in two long distance relationships before and they were bad. It was hard for the other people to show me affection or anything. We had arguments and that.

However. My best friend who I have who lives long distance. Me and her always liked each other and have ended up getting together and planning our future together and new life.

The key to it is trust. It's hard if your trust has been broken before in long distance relationships.

But to show they love you. They can do little things that may not mean a lot. But in their own way and your mind you see the small unique things they do for you as a sign of love.

Gifts. Letters, poems and cards. Watching things online with you. Little signs they make and take photos of themselves with them. Anything what you do in a long distance relationship can and should be considered as showing love as its what the other is doing to show you that love knows no bounds or distance. No matter how far you are from each other.

It can be said with actions, cuddles, kisses or words or a letter, email or msn. No matter what is done as long as its the person says they love you its all that matters as they are showing you.

Best Answer

Time will show it. Your heart will tell you if it is true.

Best Answer

Well he would say lets go some where and he would say i will pay

Best Answer

long distance love.. the main thing is trust that how much u trust each other.. basically in long distance often both have

lack of trust.. the best thing is trust that u should have trust on ur words.. the second thing is understanding nd third thing is proper communication .. communication is the life line of long distance relation..

and in these days i often observed that people want prof.. like if i shall say some one that i love u .. she will ask for prof and i did not know how we can show the profe that how much we love others.. love is thing which is invisible u can only feel it.. u can trust it.. and its hard thing to love some one from distance.. and remain loyal.. any way we can pray for u . and for ur love but.. trust ur love thats the only thing which can save the love.. and God bless u always..

Regards

Best Answer