Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs they hate so they can buy **** they don't need. We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. The great war is a spiritual war. The great depression is our lives. We were raised by television to believe that we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed-off.
TylerV TylerV 18-21, F 12 Answers Feb 6, 2013 in Community

There is indeed a lot of truth in those words.

Best Answer

I have children your age and i do sympathise ...however there is so much to celebrate too about your generation and i believe the fact that you see through all the crap gives me hope. x

Best Answer

Ive read that book too :)

Best Answer

I've both read and watched and sometimes I want to talk to Chuck Palahniuk

Best Answer

Turn off the TV, and quit your culture... find another... I've joined what is known as "Boat Trash".

Best Answer

Ha i hear that i'm glad i wasn't into the flashy stuff. It's bascially how they get everyone to do jobs no one wana like you said that way we all occupied it's government way of controllin us all!

Best Answer

that was how I got fired and do almost nothing from the things I should do

Best Answer

Least you didnt bend over backwards for no one

Best Answer

did you?

Best Answer

HA as if the only reason id be bending over backwards for em is so they can kiss my whole azz

Best Answer

LOL that's right

Best Answer

Not to me.

Best Answer

for me truthful, they remember me to the beginning,<br />
but look at the final speech in trainspotting

Best Answer

I like everythin'

Best Answer

We live in a material world with plastic people, We need to be very self disciplined , in order to achieve and be decent human beings , we need to set the examples for our children to follow.

Best Answer

but our parents have set no examples

Best Answer

Some do by working hard all their lives , so they can provide a reasonable standard of living or their family, which is a better example than being out of work and not making any effort to get a job. Also some parents teach you how to behave in a respectful way to others, and to be honest etc.
Depends on who you our brought up by and what examples you witness whilst growing up.
I agree that life is very hard ,and we are lucky to survive , and if we find happiness thats a bonus.

Best Answer

I hope I can find the happiness one day,too.You have to watch the movie,though ;)

Best Answer

What is the movie , I will watch it

Best Answer

"Fight Club",1999,with Brad Pitt :)

Best Answer

Hmm. I can't say I fully agree.<br />
1.Commercialized life, yes. Very much and its annoying.<br />
2. There are wars happening all through out your generation. You just need to pay more attention and you'd notice how many lives around you have been and are being affected.<br />
3.We have just come out of a huge depression/recession. It happened during your generation's younger teen years.<br />
4.Your generation expects too much as is pissed that you're not getting it.. Totally agree. The world does not owe you anything. Life is a challenge not a hand out. Your generation, my step son included, expects everything on a silver plate now now now. Reality isn't like that. You have to work for what you need, none the less what you want.

Best Answer

But our wishes are delusions.I don't need so many clothes and this pink table.Nevertheless I have them.We're lost

Best Answer

Many are lost. I don't think you are. You have managed to see past the facade. No one says you have to drink the iCrap cool-aid. Chose to live differently.

Best Answer