violetivy2007 violetivy2007 31-35, F 12 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Community

Apple sweet potato casserole with crumb topping. peel sweet potato cut in chunks steam until tender, la<x>yer in baking dish with sliced granny apples, brown sugar,dash of Cinnamon, crumb topping( half stick of butter, cup of sugar, 3/4 cup of flour mix till crumbly) sprinkle over casserole an bake on 350 for45 minutes cover with foil if topping is getting to brown. dish up an enjoy.

Best Answer

Venison. Or is that too close to traditional?

Best Answer

A few ideas:<br />
1. Drop the turkey. Maybe prime rib instead<br />
2. Go international. Perhaps a teriyaki salmon. Miso soup. Maki for appetizers, etc.<br />
3. Unlike in early colonial times where they ate whatever was in season or whatever they had stored, we can get food from all around the world in any season. Celebrate that theme -- perhaps a mahi mahi with a mango salsa, served on coconut rice. Sides of summer vegetables and tropical fruits.

Best Answer

there are a ton of good recipes on www.leanproteinrecipes.com

Best Answer

Personally I like tradition... why mess with perfection lol. Why not try changing some of the accompliments? We don't do thanksgiving here in England but it's similar to Christmas dinner isn't it? I do roasted root veg, sweet potatoes, butter nut squash, parsnip, onions that kind of thing, or pan fry brussel sprouts with chestnuts, orange zest and black pepper instead of steaming, also braised red cabbage with spices, apple and sultanas :o)

Best Answer

You r making hungry just reading about all that food. My daughters grand parents r from England and have great aunts there also.

Best Answer

I'm excited, this year cooking for 12... I love Christmas :o)

Best Answer

For years, everyone insists I make my Cream of Pumpkin Curry Soup and Cranberry-Glazed Carrots for Thanksgiving. It has become a tradition.

Best Answer

Stuffed acorn squash. Fall veggies are still cheap and plentiful. Instead of just serving stuffing made from box crap, make these put them out as 'in their own serving bowls'. Tastes great by the way. Check AllRecipes too. Lots of good ideas on that site. I've been a member for years.

Best Answer

i will look up the stuffed acorn squash. I have made them with butter and brownsugar in the past.

Best Answer

I'm talking about a bit more elaborate where you make a bread based stuffing. Instead of jamming it into the turkey.

Best Answer

that is what i thought im going to look it up

Best Answer

If you can't find it, let me know. I'll be happy to share recipes. I'm a vegetarian and have learned quite a few over the last 5 years. :)

Best Answer

I made roasted Cornish hens one year (it was just my daughter and myself), stuffed them with a dry fruit & nut & grated orange peel mixture, had wild rice pilaf, broccoli with cheese, a cranberry gelatin salad,a couple other dishes and made a pie for each of us (I was craving lemon meringue).....you could make something you really enjoy during the rest of the year if you just want to bring one dish. If I were asked to bring something different it would be the pretzel-crust cream cheese dessert that I've made in the past for potlucks.

Best Answer

My brother once made a stuffed Pumpkin.

Best Answer

interesting have to look that one up also

Best Answer

Jalapeno Fried Turkey FTW

Best Answer