I'm referring to the books, not the movies.
308shooter 308shooter 56-60, M 18 Answers Jul 12, 2012

I like Harry Potter best, because there's more character development. Lord of the Rings was more elaborate though, and more of a groundbreaker in the fantasy genre. J.R.R. Tolkien was probably more brilliant in my estimation, but I love the characters in Harry Potter....Oh, and Harry Potter has more humour in it than LOTR.<br />
I was referring to the books, NOT the movies. I hated the LOTR movies because too many details were left out, and my imagination's better quite frankly. I thought because Harry Potter is a simpler story the movies were better done, and I quite enjoy them.

Best Answer

movie? lord of the rings. books? harry potter. i read about 7/8ths of the lord of the rings book but just couldnt stomach it enough to finish it to the end.

Best Answer

Harry Potter!! :D The Lord of the Rings is great and all.. but it takes place in a world that isn't Earth. Harry Potter takes place in our world and in our time, so it makes me feel as if anything is possible! Even in this boring arse world of ours~ XD

Best Answer

Harry Potter. I think the way the books grow with the kids is amazing. Lord of the Rings is good, but reading the books is too painful. You can get through HP in a day or two just because you want to read that next page.

Best Answer

Lord of the Rings, absolutely. The 3 part series was captivating. The action, the drama, the romance, the archer (I adore him as a blonde), Viggo M. (a great actor), the monsters....I was hooked on it right from the start. And on a big screen-magical! <br />
Potter is cute and childlike, and appeals to the younger set. The school is entertaining. <br />
Still, Lord of the Rings is far better.

Best Answer

the book could have been 2/3's shorter. if he didnt describe every bloody step frodo and samwise took.. yes yes we get it.. mordor is a horrible place.. just fraking get to mt doom ffs ;)

Best Answer

Harry potter of course because it's the most beautiful film ever it has all good pricipals in it like love and friendship and loyalty

Best Answer

LOTR if we are talking about movies,,,if we are talking about books then i am going to opt out and choose Pendragon

Best Answer

lotr sux baIIz... HP FTW

Best Answer

LOTR. I loved "The Hobbit" cartoon as a child. Didn't discover the books until later when my older brother was reading them.

Best Answer

I like them both, but book-wise LORD OF THE RINGS because I think it's a bit more meaningful and better written, but I prefer the Potter movies.

Best Answer

Lotr. Harry potter is just kind of lame

Best Answer