pal7 pal7 22-25, F 11 Answers Sep 15, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Is there a difference between 'arranged marriage' and pimping out your own child? I can't imagine being expected to have $ex with somebody against my own wishes.

Best Answer

I guess you are from India, it is probably in your families culture that you have arranged marriages. But it is you who has to live with the man after you have got married. Marriage is for life or should be. So I think you should talk to your partner now about your situation. Does he want to marry you too? Who have your parents chosen for you? Is he better than the one you have now? Maybe you should make a note of all the best qualities of the man you love and then talk to your parents and tell them that the man you love is probably the best of the two and will have more chance of being successful and then maybe your parents could still arrange for you to get married to the man you love. Then it is "theoretically" an arranged marriage.

Best Answer

Arranged marriages can work if agreed to and entered into freely with no coercion on either side.

The problems in your situation are obviously, being in love with someone else is not giving you the impetus to enter into a parent arranged marriage.

I think you have two choices, do as your parents wish, accept that in order to please them, you will not be able to please yourself

Or

Refuse the marriage, be with the one you love and be prepared to accept all the consequences of your actions.

Best Answer

its beginning and m not sure about for marriage from his part....if i ask my parents for him.. what's guarantee he will support me...wanna give sometime to this relationship and wanna spent sometime with him

Best Answer

if yu really love him...anyhow try to convinve ur family either through ur frens or their guardians or so !!all the best !!!

Best Answer

What do you want from your parents approval? This is about your happiness. Personally, I think 3 months is too soon. Your going to spend the rest of your life with this man, and family should just be happy for you. That's all I have to say about it.

Best Answer

its starting and m not sure about for marriage from his part....if i ask my parents for him.. what's guarantee he will support me...wanna give sometime to this relationship and wanna spent sometime with him

Best Answer

Give the relationship more time. I understand better now. You want your parents to accept him. Just remember is your happiness to keep in mind.

Best Answer

They can not pick him ir change to him if they do not know about him> Maybe you should find a way to let them meet him!

Best Answer

Organise to have your parents killed. It'll be the best investment in your future you could make.

Best Answer

I would slow down, it's only been 3 months. I would also tell your parents about him..it's your life, not theirs, they can't use you as a means of gaining status any longer.

Best Answer